Do I have cc? (photo)

I have had my right breast look different and drop slower since I had them done I will post a few photos of the process from I got them done 1 year and a half ago till now. I have 425cc smooth round HP silicone unders My right appears smaller, and placed differently and sometimes in photos it looks non existent. In person you can slightly tell they are off but in photos I find its very obvious So does my right breast with the mole on it have cc?

Do I have a capsular contracture?

+1
The best way to evaluate if you are experiencing a capsular contracture is to be seen in person.  From the photos you posted, it's hard to say because you didn't mention hardness or any pain which is typically associated with a CC.  I can see a slight asymmetry but that it is not uncommon as most people are not perfectly symmetrical.  Go see your surgeon to look at your pre-op photos together and so you can be examined.  If you are indeed encapsulated, you can go over your best options at that time.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

BBA

+1

You need to be examined in person to determine the cause.  Pre-op photos would also help as I suspect this asymmetry is pre-existing.  Be sure to see a BC PS in your area.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Diagnosis of capsular contracture

+1

You may have a capsular contracture or your right implants may be just a little bit high or your right breast may look the way it does because of a pre-existing asymmetry.  A diagnosis would require an in person exam and a look at your preoperative photos.

In any case, you should take your concerns to your operating surgeon.  He/she should be able to determine which of these issues is present in your case and offer a treatment plan if treatment is necessary. 

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Need before photos

+1
It would be best if you post your before surgery photos for comparison and better evaluation.  Also, please include profile photos.

Andre Aboolian, MD

Do you have capsular contracture?

+1

Its impossible to tell you if you have capsular contracture from just your photos.  If your breasts are soft, then it is unlikely you have capsular contracture.  I would followup with you plastic surgeon to address your concerns.  Best wishes,

Dr. Basu

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

CC?

+1
Hard to tell from just photos vs physical exam. If your right implant is soft and mobile then you may just have a high riding right implant that just never setteled down into pocket. If it is stable and has been in this position since surgery then you may need to address this with your PS and have a right open capsulotomy to help your position and for you to be happy and Love your breasts as you should after breast augmentation.

M. Bradley Calobrace, MD

Capsular Contracture

+1
After having a breast implant, your body will create a capsule of fibrous scar tissue around the implant as part of the healing process. This is a natural reaction that occurs when any foreign object is surgically implanted into the body.

Over time, the scar tissue will begin to shrink. The shrinkage is known as capsular contraction. The rate and extent at which the shrinkage occurs varies from person to person. In some people, the capsule can tighten and squeeze the implant, making the breast feel hard. You may also experience pain and discomfort.
Capsular contracture is an unavoidable complication of breast implant surgery. Everyone who has breast implants will experience capsular contracture to some degree.

Unless it was obvious, it is hard to diagnose a cc by a picture. If your right breast is soft, you don't have a significant capsular contracture. Your right breast implant may be slightly higher than your left breast and it may not be a result of a cc.

Consult your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Concerns about a contracture

+1
are best addressed with an exam with your surgeon who has had the opportunity to follow you through your recovery.  Your serial photos look great and the lighting is kinda off on the one that is supposed to show the difference.  If you squeeze your breasts from the bottom with your hands like an 'underwire' with right hand on right breast, most can appreciate a difference if there is a contracture.  If it feels the same, its unlikely that you have one.  Still best to follow-up with your surgeon.

Curtis Wong, MD

Capsular Contracture

+1
The diagnosis of capsular contracture is based primarily on how soft your implants feel.  Shape changes occur with a CC, but there can be a lot of reasons why your two sides look a little different.  Have your surgeon examine you to see if you are developing a capsule. Massage, anti-inflammatory medication and an plant stabilization band might be helpful.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Do I have cc?

+1

I see some minor asymmetry but acceptable to me. Only in person evaluations allow the docs to determine if you have CC issues..//