Breasts and Nipples Two Different Sizes After Surgery? (photo)

I had my lift (lollipop) and BA a month ago. Both breasts have dropped evenly and my nipples are in the same position on each side but the right breast is a full cup size smaller than the left. I started as an even 36C After having 500cc mentor mod plus gel unders, I am a DD on the left and a D on the right. And the nipple on the right is half an inch smaller than the left, both in height and in width. Is this something that will change over time? Or will I have to have the right one re-done?

Breast and Nipple Size Difference 1 month after Breast Augmentation and Lift

+3

At 1 month, it's too early to tell how your breasts will ultimately look. Swelling from surgery and distortion from sutures can take several months to resolve. You will most likely even out by then. So far, you look great!

Thanks for your question and photos!

Still a little early to tell

+3

Thank you for the question and photos.  Although you may choose to have a revision in the future if things do not improve with additional time passing I do think that you are still in the early phase of healing and some additional change is not unexpected.  The difference in size may be due to hematoma, seroma, swelling, or implant size difference.  The first three will change with time the last will not.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Breasts are always slightly asymmetric, it will take time for you to see the final results

+2
From the pictures it seems you are still in the healing process.  you do have size asymmetry which may simply be swelling or a small blood collection which will resolve over time.  Nipple asymmetry may also improve over time as both will undergo some stretching.  

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Hello

+2

From the pictures that you have posted. Everything looks like you have received great looking results. Women in general are never 100% symmetrical if you didn't notice it before surgery you will definitely notice it after surgery,. I believe your results are beautiful.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

One Month After Surgery is too soon

+1

At this point, being only 1 month after surgery there is still swelling and it may be hard to tell the actual size and shape of the breasts. A revision surgery could be an option down the road if they are not the same size, however it really is too soon to tell.

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD

Two Different Sizes After Surgery?

+1

Thanks for your question and for the photos. Without a pre-op photo it is hard to evaluate the possible causes for the difference you see now, Although I do see some difference, it does not appear to be that large a difference, but photos, useful as they are, are just two-dimensional.

This early varying degrees of asymmetry are common and most patients see improvement as the implants settle and the pectoral muscles relax. 

In terms of areolar size, it appears that you have some hypertrophic scarring on the right side, which may account for the smaller size at this time.

I wouldn't plan on a revision just yet, as there is reasonable expectation that by 3 to 6 months the symmetry will be better.

Thanks and best wishes.

One month after surgery and some asymmetry

+1

Your breasts were asymmetric prior to the surgery and they will always have some degree of the same. Allow for at least another 6-9 months of healing time.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS