5'4 135 lbs with 39 inch hip, 27 inch waist,34 inch bust. Are 375 cc cohesive under the muscle too big for me?

I had 36 C breasts before having my kids. I have had a mastopexy but want my volume back. I'm 5"4 35 yo, 34/27/39 135 lbs. is 375 cc under the muscle too big in your opinion? I think it make look proportionate with my big hips. But I don't want to look over the top. Thank you so much for your opinions.

Is 375 cc breast implant to large

+2
You need and in person examination by a plastic surgeon who uses a breast implant sizing system.  Going through this examination will help you see what you would look like with various breast implant sizes.  Generally speaking implants in the 375 cc range are not too large  for people with your body measurements.

Avoid larger implants

+1
At size 34 C each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. 375 cc implants would take you up to a DD, may be too large to fit retro-pectoral, will extrude inferiorly and laterally requiring revision. 22% of women who undergo breast augmentation alone require revision within 2 years because they are dissatisfied with the result. A frequent cause of dissatisfaction is over implantation. I always recommend small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it. You have not described your previous lift, however, there is a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM, which can be combined with breast augmentation. This technique uses a circumareola incision to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

+1
350 cc is the average volume of implant placed in the United States.  So 375 cc is reasonable in most cases.  An exam would be necessary to confirm.

Implant selection

+1
I think that choosing a breast implant size is difficult to do without a consultation.  It depends on the quality of your skin, the position of your nipple, your desired outcome (subtle, large, very large), and the amount of breast volume you have.  A 375 cc implant is not too big for lots of people, for others it may look massive.  Try out different sizes by filling a baggy with some flour and stuff it in your bra.  Wear it around and see if you are comfortable with that size in public.  Find some photos on-line of women with your frame and breast size and others with the breast size you want.  That information will help your surgeon help you choose the right size.  Also talk to your surgeon about the benefits of sub-muscular, sub-fascial and sub-glandular pockets before deciding which is best for you.  There are pros and cons to every decision.  

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC

#breastaugmentation #cosmeticsurgery

+1
Dear betterme35
thank you for your question, implant size can be an individual decision and guidance from your surgeon will help the most. It is important to have good breast tissue coverage of the implants so that the implant is not detectable after surgery.
with warm regards,
Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

Size of implants

+1
It is difficult to give recommendation on size without a physical exam. Additionally the "correct" size is also a function of taste. I would suggest you try a few different implant sizers in your bra, so you can get an idea how it looks. 

I would also also caution you that a person who has needed a lift is usually best served by the smallest implant that satisfies the size issue.

John Sampson, MD
Jackson Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant choice

+1
Thankj you for the description but without seeing you in person it is impossible to say. Also I do not know what too big is in your mind. You can do a baggy test with the volume and see how it looks on you.

Breast implant selection after previous mastopexy

+1
Thanks for sharing your question.  Much depends on your actual build and how the prior breast lift (mastopexy) was performed.  It could be a good size for you if your tissue thickness and chest width are appropriate.  It also depends on what your starting volume of breast tissue is now and what size you would like to be postoperatively.

This is best determined with an in person exam.  You should visit with a board certified plastic surgeon that can review the procedure with you, and ideally share photos of similar cases.

Best wishes to you.

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

What size implants

+1
this is difficult to recommend without seeing your photos or having an examination. It should be in range, but it depends on how much tissue you have left. What you have now, may make a 375cc too large.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Implant sizing

+1
I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS