Can Stretch Marks Be Prevented?

Is there a way to make my skin more elastic so I can prevent stretch marks from forming? I just found out that I am pregnant and I want to avoid getting stretch marks.

Stretch Marks Can Be Prevented to an Extent

+1

There are some methods to prevent stretch marks, but obviously if that were the total answer every one would have known about them and there would have been no need to ask this question.

Avoid rapid weight gain or loss . I know if you are pregnant this is hard to do, but if you asking this question otherwise, remember this.

If you are pregnant or are experiencing the rapid weight gain and growth spurts during adolescence, moisturize at least three times a day. The skin is more pliant and elastic when moisturized and hydrated.

Old folk remedies containing cocoa butter, shea butter, or gotu kola are felt to be superior. Belli Elasticity Belly Oil contains these ingredients in copious amounts. To augment the response, message these moisturizers deep into the affected area.

Another folk remedy is to apply olive oil twice a day to the areas that are stretching.

Please do not think these methods will prevent stretch marks entirely or even significantly. They are all safe and may help to an extent. If companies try to sell you something that is guaranteed to prevent stretch marks don't buy it!

Virginia Beach Dermatologist