Can Someone with Low BMI Undergo Smart Lipo?

I'm a young woman with a BMI of 17.8, but majority of my fat distribution is on my stomach. Am I a candidate for Smart Lipo?

Smartlipo with Low BMI

+1

Often patients are in great shape and thin, but still have small pockets of fat that need to be treated.  With such a low BMI, it is important that make sure that you abdominal wall actually has fat and not that the roundness is caused by a diastasis of your rectus fascia.  Your surgeon should be able to know just by examining you.  Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

SmartLipo may be ideal

+1

Sometimes it is not the BMI that matters. What is important is whether or not there is a local fat deposit that creates an obvious bump, lump or protrusion.

SmartLipo, especially the new Smartlipo MPX is an ideal way to remove the small deposit and tighten the overlying skin to create the ideal sculpting of the area. It offers less bruising and thus a quicker healing period.

The only way to know if it is right for you is to be evaluated by your qualified physician to see if you are a candidate.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon