Can Sclerotherapy Treat Facial Veins?

I have a vein under my eye that I would like treated. This is a single larger vein, not spider veins.  Is facial sclerotherapy a possiblity? 

Laser best for facial veins

Sclerotherapy is generally not a good treatment option for facial veins.  The risk of skin damage (ulcer, scar) or damage to surrounding structures (such as the eye!) is too great.

Lasers are my treatment of choice for facial veins.  For the deeper, larger, bluer veins, I find the long-pulsed Nd:Yag laser (1064nm) the best treatment, though a long-pulsed Alexandrite laser (755nm) is also quite effective in lighter skin types. 

Be sure you have proper eye protection in this area!  Some veins that are close to the eye may require a metal shield be placed between the skin and the eye to avoid eye damage.

Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon