Can a Midface Lift Cause Nose Damage?

I had a short scar facelift that actually pulled my cheeks down creating undereye hollows. A midface lift to repair the damage pulled my right nostril up and crushed it in causing a sneer and an off-center mouth as well as an engorged blue vein on my nose next to my eye. The cause and remedy if any?

Mid Face Lift Surgery

+1

As described above, you have had one face lift short scar surgery, then followed by a separate mid face surgery. Photographs would be very helpful to the plastic surgeons on this forum, as well as timing between operations and any other procedures you have had in the area. Did you also receive fat injections or a facial filler treatment, such as hyaluronic acid? Most cosmetic surgeons would recommend an appropriate waiting time for natural recovery before proceeding with more cosmetic surgery.

Generally, mid face lift or cheek list should not alter the nose. While there may be short term swelling around the base of the nose immediately following midface surgery, the nose is not affected long term.

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Midface lift

+1

There elements of the description of your surgery that are concerning.  You should see your board certified plastic surgeon who did the procedures and discuss them with him or her.

If six months have elapsed and these issues have not resolved, and you don't have a satisfactory solution in sight, you may want to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon with specific interest in the midface (i.e. cheeklifts) and revisional facial surgery.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Midface lift cause nose damage

+1

Boy! photos would really help determine exactly what you are posting. It is very rare that a mid face lift would cause the nasal deformity of which you post. Seek opinions.

From MIAMI DR. B

Please send pictures

+1

The surgeries and your description of the result are not clear. Pre and post op pictures can help a lot. The remedy is careful evaluation and time.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Midface Lift Should Not Effect the Nose

+1

In reality, a midface lift should NOT distort the nose in any permanent way.  If done correctly, the midface lift helps suspend and support cheek tissues that have fallen over time.  It should not interfere with the nasal ala at all.  You should discuss this with your surgeon and relay your concerns to him/her.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Midface lift does not cause nasal damage.

+1

You should see an experienced revision surgeon to give you your options. I would wait 6 months to see if there is improvement. If already that long see another surgeon now.

Multiple Surgeries

+1

At this point, I would suggest letting the healing process continue and allow all your swelling to resolve and the tissues to settle.  If you are not happy with the results you are obtaining with your surgeon, I would suggest going for a second or third opinion for another surgeon.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Surgery must be customized to the individual.

+1

There is nothing inherently wrong with so-called short scar facelift or midface surgery.  However many practitioners offer one size fits all solutions to their patients.  The result may or may not be good.  Some of the effects are very difficult if not impossible to fix.  It is sometimes like trying to unstir the cream from the coffee.  I would advise you to stop having surgery with your current surgeon.  

You now need to research and find a very rare class of surgeon who actually knows what they are doing and devotes a good part of their practice to fixing other peoples work.  Invariably, this will mean traveling to find the right surgeon.  Take your time and find someone who actually makes sense.  In the mean time, it is possible that fillers expertly placed can help your issues.

Midface Lift

+1

You obviously have multiple concerns after your facelift and midface lift surgeries. Nasal damage is extremely unlikely after these operations. I suggest getting a second opinion - this will help alleviate the uncertainty you're experiencing.