Can a Laser Treatment Create Results Similar to Lower Face and Neck Lift?

It all depends on your face

+3

Gayla,

It all depends on your face. If you just have very mild wrinkles and no loose skin, then laser may be helpful. However, if you have moderate to severe wrinkles, falling face, severe jowling, and a thick or very loose neck, then you need a facelift. There are several variations of facelift, which differ mostly in the length of scar and extent of dissection. Make sure you find an experienced surgeon, since facelifts are not a one-size-fits-all surgery.

I hope this is helpful.

Dr. David Shafer
Shafer Plastic Surgery
New York City

Laser vs. Surgery

+2

In a very young patient without significant skin laxity, I would say yes, it may give you a nice result similar to a face or neck lift. But, the majority of patients who require neck and /or facelifts cannot achieve the same results just with lasers.

I like to use both. I think too much of one is probably not the correct answer.