Can I Still Do Microdermabrasion with Broken Capillaries?

I have broken capillaries, can i still do microdermabrasion?

Microdermabrasion with broken capillaries is not a good idea

+3

I would not recommend microdermabrasion if you have broken capillaries. It could make them worse. Instead, if you looking for exfoliating treatments, consider light chemical peels like lactic acid. Micropeel ( dermaplanning ) with lactic acid is a nice choice. If you would like to treat broken caplillaries there are specific lasers that would clear them on the spot. Just remember that broken capillaries is condition that tends to come back and you may need to do maitanance treatments.

Microdermabrasion and Broken Capillaries: Indications for use of Microdermabrasion

+3

Yes. Microdermabrasion can be used in the context of broken capillaries. The capillaries will not improve with the microdermabrasion though. Microdermabrasion will improve the skin texture, complexion, pigmentation, and pore size. It does not extend to the level of the broken capillaries and will thus not affect a change at that level.

In terms of broken capillaries and large pores, you may also have a condition known as rosacea that may be responsive to laser, topical creams, or oral pills.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS