Financing Plastic Surgery: Monthly Payments?

Can I pay for breast implant, lip enhancement, and rhinoplasty surgeries on a monthly basis instead of paying for them all at the same time? I'm wondering because I am very intrested in those 3 cosmetic surgeries and I am planning on getting them soon. I just want more information on it.

You can get financing for plastic surgery

+4

Most plastic surgery offices work with reputable companies who will offer you credit and allow you to pay that company over time. You can avoid this, however, if you have a credit card limit that will allow you to pay and get miles.

Essentially, all plastic surgery needs to be fully paid up front so don't expect offices to allow you to pay them over time. Any office that allowed that plan would possibly be in such dire straights that you wouldn't want to be a patient there.

Please be careful not to get over your head paying for cosmetic surgery. It is not a good idea to tap yourself dry to have surgery. This never goes well.

Financing your Surgery: Body Contouring, Breast Surgery, Plastic Surgery

+3

There are many companies that finance plastic surgery procedures. In general, the options are in-house financing, if available in your surgeon's office, or commercial lending institutions.

Discuss the options for financing with your physician's office and confirm that the physician's office uses reputable lenders such CareCredit, Capital One, or Surgery Loans.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

With the economy taking a downturn, we are seeing more of our patients financing.

+3

You are not alone wanting plastic surgery but having to take the next step to somehow afford the procedure(s). With the economy taking a downturn, we are seeing more of our patients financing.

CapitalOne and Care Credit represent two of the most frequently used finance companies and they have been reputable over the years. On a less frequent basis, we have seen a few of our patients using their personal credit cards, but PLEASE be aware of the terms of the loan, interest rates, etc.

Do not bite off more than you can chew! Take a good look at your budget and be practical. There are times where I advise my patients to split the procedures up and do the most important one first. And, there are times where it is best to wait until you are financially on more solid ground. Be prudent and be sensible.

Stephen A. Goldstein, MD
Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Plastic surgery financing

+2

Many different practices will use varying types of financing for plastic surgery. I use several companies, though I council patients that you may find a better interest rate on one of your credit cards rather than some financing programs, depending on your credit.

Additionally, remember that elective plastic surgery is exactly that- elective. I do not recommend patients getting into severe debt to afford cosmetic surgery -- don't let anybody pressure you into having surgery that you cannot afford!

Adam David Lowenstein, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Yes, 12 months interest free financing for breast implant in Atlanta

+2

We can arrange 12 month interest free financing for patients with good credit. This is determined by the credit company. It is for any type of surgery the patient wants and is available for multiple operations.

Paying for plastic surgery with monthly payments

+2

There are many financing companies out there, but like most responders, we have found CareCredit is reputable and very popular.

Care Credit works like a credit card with a revolving line of credit.

EFFECTIVE 4/10/09 CAPITAL ONE IS NO LONGER FINANCING HEALTH CARE.

Of course, your loan will depend on your credit history verified by a credit check.

Another option is to ask your doctor if you can make payments to them. Once you've reached the full amount due, you can have surgery.

Jonathan Hoenig, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

There are many financing options available.

+2

Haley,

There are many financing options for plastic surgery available. However, please make sure that you can afford the surgery/payments. Just because someone will give you credit, you should still make sure that it is reasonable for your budget. I often tell patients to make sure that they have funds available for twice the cost of the surgery. This makes sure that you will not run into problems if you end up being off work longer than expected or have some other expense that you were not planning on. Plastic surgery should be an enjoyable process for you. Financing just helps make the process easier. Good luck with your surgery.

David Shafer, MD

Financing is a viable option to make monthly payments on elective surgery

+2

Financing surgery is a viable option for many patients. If you think about it, very few people are able to make large purchases with cash. Therefore, there are many options to pay for your cosmetic surgery with reputable financing companies including Care Credit, Surgery Loans and Health One Financial.

My best advice is to research your options thoroughly and choose a practice that proactively helps provide you with your payment and financing options.

Keep in mind when you consider financing any purchase the terms and patient interest rates. You've done a lot of careful research selecting your plastic surgeon, please make sure the decision to finance with a particular company is a careful one as well.

Lawrence Scott Ennis, MD
Pensacola Plastic Surgeon

Payment plans abound

+2

Care Credit is the financing plan approved by the American Society of Plastic Surgery.

Robert M. Freund, MD

Talk with your surgeon

+2

Financing options vary by physician. If you are considering the surgeries you described, I would talk with the surgeon you are considering and see what the options might be. Some physicians will provide financing through their office.

Otherwise, there are several national credit companies which provide financing for cosmetic procedures. The last option would be local banks and lenders. Most importantly, be sure that you can afford the payments before you undergo any cosmetic surgery.

D.J. Verret, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon