How Can I Get Rid of Bug Bite Scars?

when i was a child i was biten by mosquitos or ants and the bites became sores i had very sensitive skin and these bites became scars. it has been my most biggest problem, starting with my low self esteem. since i have knowledge of some thing called shame i have never worn a knee length skirt because of these scars

Hyperpigmented Scars on the Legs from Bug Bites

+7

Bug bites on the legs can be treated with topical creams, chemical peels, and laser. I routinely see these patients who have immigrated to the United States from other countries or have lived in the South for some time in their lives. Bug bites can lead to discoloration and I treat these in my office with topical treatments.

Getting rid of bug bite scars

+2

We have recently had a case just like you describe (assumign that you are talking about brown or pigmented scars). Normally, the first choice is the cheapest and easiest - hydroquinone cream. While we have found this to be effective in some cases, we often have to turn to a more effective but more expensive laser treatments with q-switched Nd:Yg lasers.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Scars caused by bug bites

+1

It’s difficult to give you specific instructions without seeing the scars. If they are red, you could use a pulsed dye laser. If they have a brownish color, they can be treated with an Alexandrite laser or you could always resort to a hydroquinone cream (lightning cream).

Bruce E. Katz, MD