Can Hair Around Breast Nipple Be Removed by Laser?

embarased by hair on my nipples. can it be taken off entirely without damage to my breast skin?

Laser Hair Removal: Breast Skin or Nipple hair are suitable for laser hair removal

+2

Laser Hair Removal: Breast Skin or Nipple hair are suitable for laser hair removal.

Laser hair removal works by a process known as selective photothermolysis. In this technique, black pigment in a hair follicle is heated and destroyed. The process can lead up to permanent hair removal.

The hair on the breast, abdomen, bikini, legs, arms, face, and nipple are all suitable for this modality of treatment.

Make sure that the laser is appropriate for your skin color.

Laser hair removal for the breast

+2

Laser hair removal is an effective way to permanently remove hair in virtually any location.
IPL or ND-yag are the types I use in my practice most commonly for hair removal. I have used products from Lumenis and Cutera with good results.

If the hair on your breast is blond or if you have very dark skin then laser treatments may be less effective. In addition there are usually multiple treatments required and risks include treatment site reactions and discomfort.

Steven Williams, MD

Steven H. Williams, MD

Laser hair removal around areolae

+1
Yes, laser hair removal may be performed around the areolae. Please seek an experienced practitioner and remember to get a patch test done performed first to see how you skin reacts to the treatment. 

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Nipple Laser Hair Removal

+1

Laser Hair removal is an effective way to remove hair from virtually anywhere. Your provider will make assessments, skin may be a little darker in this area, so if need be your provider will make proper adjustments as needed.

"Dr.D"

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser hair removal around nipples

+1
Unless you have hair on the palms of your hands or the soles of your feet, you are not unique. Some women feel embarrassed about hair on their chest, neck, face, feet, forehead, hands, abdomen, hands, buttocks or other areas. Hair in these areas on a woman is not unique. We know men shave their face, but men also shave their noses, ears, eyebrows, hands, shoulders, arms and many other areas of the face or body.
Laser hair removal for men of the back, neck, chest and shoulders are some of our most requested procedures. Male athletes must remove hair of the body some way in order to perform.
We have all heard about Brazilian Bikini waxing. Well, what about Brazilian bikini lasering? We do that too. What exactly is a Brazilian bikini laser? Well, that part is up to you. During the consultation process, you let the technician know just what areas you want treated, and any areas you want untreated.
A medical office with many years of experience in laser hair removal will not be surprised to hear that man wants his ears and nose treated with a hair removal laser. Likewise, an experienced laser hair removal office will have ample experience performing laser hair removal on any area of the face or body of a woman.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Laser hair removal for nipple areas

+1

Laser hair removal can be performed effectively for nipple areas. However, you should seek a center that is supervised by board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who has experience and the right laser in performing hair laser for ethnic skin as the nipple areola areas have to be treated as dark skin with more modest energy and increased pulse duration to spread out the heat to minimize laser burn. Remember, laser burn can happen in the most reputable medical clinic so it is important that the supervising physician is ready to step in and take care of all skin related contingencies.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Hair around nipples can be removed through laser

+1

Yes of course. You’ll get the best results if it has color and some coarseness. Laser hair removal on the breast area works just like any other area of the body. Remember the only methods allowed in between treatments is shaving or trimming for the best results!

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Breast Laser Hair Removal

+1

As long as the breast hairs have color and some coarseness, you are a good candidate for laser hair removal in this area. The procedure works the same in this area as any other area on the body.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

YES!!!

+1

Laser hair removal will easily remove hair on your breasts as long as the hair is darker then your skin tone.    It most likley will require more then one treatment.

Kari L. Colen, MD