Can I Go on to my Next Invisalign Tray After Less Than 2 Weeks, if my Teeth Fit in It?

It seems that after about a week, my teeth have moved and will fit in the next tray. Is there any disadvantage to moving through the trays faster and replacing each tray after a week?

Don't rush it.

+5

When teeth are moved orthodontically more happens than just tooth movement.  The jaw bone that supports and anchors the roots of the teeth changes its shape in reaction to the tooth moving.  If you switch up to the next aligner too soon you don't give the bone time to keep up with the tooth movements.  This could have the effect of extracting a tooth.

Take your time.  As tempting as it is to go fast, it will cause results that can be disasterous.

Toronto Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign Time frame per aligner

+5

We had this question so commonly asked as patients will not feel pressure after few days of each aligner wear.

Invisalign movements are carefully built in each aligner based on certain number of hours wear per aligner. Even if you feel the aligners are loose (don't feel like putting pressure), the crown part of the teeth might have tipped, but the root movement might not have occured as wanted. So that can cause discrepency in the next aligner though it will take you few more aligners to find out that the aligners are not fitting well. That leads to mid course correction, something you want to avoid.

Summary is don't wear each aligner less than 2 weeks unless the dentist thinks it's Ok.

San Jose Cosmetic Dentist

You must wear each invisalign tray for 2 weeks minimum

+4

Your invisalign treatment is planned on movement that you wear each tray for a minimum of two weeks. Movement that is forced or too fast does not allow the bone to properly remodel and you can end up with problems. Sometimes you may need to wear them longer than two weeks, but never less

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Stay with the program

+3

You are asking for trouble by trying to rush. Stay with the two weeks. It may seem that all is well by wearing the aligners less than two weeks. However, all the movement is not taking place by rushing and eventually you will be able to see the aligner is not doing the job. Then when that happens some start complaining that Invisalign doesn't work. Problem is, they are just not following instructions.

Encino Orthodontist

Two weeks for each tray with Invisalign

+3

The proper time period for each Invisalign tray is two weeks. Rushing the process may cause bone issues and discomfort. Follow the proper protocol for the best results.

Memphis Cosmetic Dentist

Don't rush your Invisalign....

+2
Great question!  As a cosmetic dentist, I have had a lot of patients that have asked this same question.  I always say the same thing.  It is more important to move your teeth at a consistently slow and gentle pace.  Your teeth are anchored into your maxilla (upper jaw bone) and your mandible (lower jaw) by your tooth roots.  Moving your teeth too fast can cause tooth root resorption (or shrinkage).  Over time, these shortened tooth roots make your teeth less stable.  This decreased stability can make your teeth become mobile (you would be able to wiggle them with your finger or tongue).  This increase tooth mobility makes them much more likely to become detached and fall out.  So, it's important to not rush your Invisalign trays for this reason.
Good luck to you and I hope that this answers your questions.
Saint Louis Cosmetic Dentist

Invisaling Wear Time

+1

This is a common question. If this were possible then Invisalign would recommend switching the aligners every week. There is a lot of research behind the Invisalign process. Their method has been proven to work and their recommendations need to be followed exactly if not the treatment will not yield a good result.

Miami Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign Guidelines

+1

Even though it may feel that you can move to a new tray in less than the 2 week time period, I do not suggest that you do so.  When tooth movement occurs too rapidly, there can be adverse effects such as bone loss or root resorption. It is best to follow the Invisalign guidelines.

New York Orthodontist