Radiesse Chin Augmentation Possible?

I think my face would look better with a bigger chin.

Fillers are not generally the first choice for chin augmentation but cetainly can be utilized.

+5

You are attractive. In this one view, you have pleasing facial proportions. The best way to judge "microgenia" (recessive chin) is with a lateral (profile) view. Soft tissue fillers generally are not the first choice for chin augmentation as a good deal of volume may be necessary, and the results are not as long lasting as with a solid, permanent (chin) implant, which can be placed with a relatively simple procedure.

On the other hand, fillers such as Restylane or Radiesse make an excellent non-surgical, immediate office procedure to add volume to areas of facial disharmonies whether familial or acquired with the aging process. Often patients will "try out" their improvements with injectable fillers and later may decide to proceed with a more long-term fix as with a facial implant.

Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon

Yes, but consider All of your Anatomy from a Profile View

+5

Hello Marce,

When considering chin augmentation it is very important to take into account the surrounding anatomy as well - your neck, lips and nose.

As a Surgeon we study a patient's chin from the side. This gives us a sense of all the anatomy together and helps determine what the ideal size and appearance of your chin should be given all of your features.

During a consultation the best thing to do is to have the Surgeon take your picture from a side view and draw (or use computer simulation) what you would look like with chin augmentation. During this process it may be discovered that chin augmentation is maybe not the best or only solution - maybe rhinoplasty or chin liposuction would be better.

Radiesse or Artefill could certainly be used to augment your chin but I would recommend that option only for very subtle needs. A chin implant can be easily placed during a minor surgery and fitted specifically for your needs. Implants have a very high success rate and would provide a more uniform result than injections.

If you like, please post a side profile view of yourself against a solid colored background and I will give you my recommendations.

Kamran Jafri, MD

Radiesse works very well for non-surgical chin augmentation

+2

The chin is an area that can really make the face look more defined and/ or more attractive.  Fortunately, when considering augmenting this area, patients have choices.  There are advantages to both methods:

• Fillers, are quick and in the office, avoiding anesthesia and "the knife"
  • Surgical augmentation is a one time affair and in general more effective than fillers

A general rule is that for mild augmentation, Fillers are fantastic.  And of the fillers I like Radiesse the best.  It has a a lot of bulk and lasts about a year.  For moderate to severe cases, surgery may be better and has the benefit of combining liposuction to help contour the neck.

Take a look at my video describing non-surgical chin augmentation.

Good luck finding information!

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Injectable chin augmentation - a test drive for a chin implant

+2

Using Radiesse injections into the chin is one method for a minor chin augmentation. While it is not permanent and a chin implant is a better long-term option, this may be a psychologically safer initial step for some patients. While I think computer imaging can do a good job of determining if chin augmentation is right for you, perhaps actually seeing it on yourself may be a better form of a 'test-drive' for some. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Fillers for chin augmentation possible?

+1
 While it is possible use fillers to augment the chin, it is not the best option since it's only temporary and will need to be repeated every year or so. Chin implants are manufactured in a variety of sizes and shapes, are inserted under local anesthesia through a submental approach. 

Radiesse Chin Augmentation

+1
Radiesse for chin augmentation is definitely a possibility and is done effectively if placed above the bone. It is long-lasting and can be used for mild microgenia.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Radiesse Chin Augmentation Possible?

+1
Non-surgical augmentation of the chin with fillers (hyaluronic acid, Radiesse) offer a conservative augmentation that is temporary for between 6-12months. Fillers are generally softer materials so the augmentation of the bone along the jaw line is generally limited in effectiveness. They offer the advantage of a non-surgical procedure that enable a patient to “try out an improvement” before surgery.

Chin augmentation with a chin implant requires a surgical procedure to insert the chin implant, however the size of the implant can be tailored to the individual and the implants will last long-term.

Julian De Silva, MD
London Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse Chin Augmentation Possible

+1

Fillers such as Radiesse can certainly be used to augment the chin and with good results but they are not permanent.  Radiesse may be tried as a chin implant preview and later you may decide on a chin implant.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse Chin Augmentation

+1

Radiesse is a great product that can give you nice augmentation of the chin and the ability to customize the shape to some degree because Radiesse is a hardy calcium-based product. 1 to 2 syringes should be plenty and you have the ability of avoiding some of the risks associated with chin implant surgery. The results should last you anywhere from 8 to 12 months. The other great thing about Radiesse compared to other filler products is that you get 50% more material for the same cost. It's one of my favorites.

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse is Perfect for Chin Augmentation

+1

Radiesse is absolutely an option for your chin. It is quick, easy, painless, and involves no recovery or anesthesia time, which is why it is quickly becoming extremely popular. Radiesse is a substance that is molecularly identical to bone and teeth, and therefore creates a very natural feeling and looking result. 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD