Can Fraxel Laser Eventually Cause Scarring?

Can Fraxel Laser treatments eventually cause scarring years down the road or will my skin remain looking good after my treatments for many years to come? Apparently this happened to someone who had these treatments before!

If done properly, no

+1

The original studies on Fraxel showed that the microscopic columns where wound healing occurs as a result of the Fraxel laser does not cause scarring but in fact results in younger looking skin with more collagen. That is why Fraxel actually works for all types of scars- raised, depressed, hyper and hypopigmented scars- because it replaces the scar tissue with normal skin. It's a good question, though.

Dr. Ahn

Westborough Facial Plastic Surgeon