Can Fraxel CO2 Be Used for Upper Arm Skin Wrinkles?

I am a very fit 105 lb 54 year old and do have some upper arm skin wrinkles when my arms hang down by my side. They are very annoying as I am in great shape and only want this area done as well as fine wrinkles in my neck. Would the co2 laser be effective for either?

Fraxel Re:Pair would not be good for Crepey skin of upper arms but excellent for neck

+1

Crepey, loose skin of the upper arms can be improved by using Fraxel Re:Store and Thermage (radiofrequency for skin tightening ).Fraxel Re:Store needs to be done in a series of 4-6 treatments,while Thermage is generally a single treament . The two Modalities work well together.I would not use Fraxel Re:Pair in this area as it is too aggressive for this particular skin. However when used cautiously (low energies and low densities ) Fraxel Re:Pair has given excellent results in improving crepey, loose sundamaged skin of the neck

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Use Thermage for tightening crepey skin

+1

Fraxel has recently had FDA approval of a few new handpieces for the Re:pair laser. One of them is made to do body treatments as you are desiring. It will take a few months for those to be manufactured and in the hands of the physicians. The crepey skin can be improved but not redundant skin - this would have to be excised.

Answer updated 4/23/09:

I now feel that the best non surgical approach is Thermage. The new Fraxel handpiece hasn't really turned out to be a revolutionary change.

I have recently added Thermage to my office. I have seen several clients who have had surgery that have been left with very large and long scars. Thermage seems to offer an alternative that has no real downside.

Web reference: http://www.reliant-tech.com/newsdetails.cfm?NEWSID=143