Can Elevess Be Removed?

I had Elevess injected into my chin to make it less pointy. I don't really like the effect and there's a lot of filler in my face that pulls on my lips. Is there anything that can be done to remove it?

Removal of Hyaluronic Acid-based Filler

+2

Hello and thank you for the question.

Elevess can indeed be removed if you are unsatisfied with the injection. The product is hyaluronoric acid and can be removed with hyaluronidase, an enzyme which breaks down this product. Other  HA-based fillers that are also effectively removed with the enzyme include Juvederm, Restylane, and Perlane

Kindest Regards,

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Yes, it can be removed

+2

Elevess is a hyaluronic acid(HA) based filler. Like other HA based fillers, it can be removed by having your physician inject hyaluronidase into the area. Depending on when you had the Elevess injected, you make still be experiencing some swelling, which could be contributing to the pulldown that you don't like. I would wait at least 1-2 weeks if swelling is a factor, but your doctor can help determine that.

Take care,

Dr. Groff

William Groff, DO
San Diego Dermatologist

Treatment of Elevesse facial filler complications - Los Angeles

+1

There are treatments to ameliorate the hyaluronic acid fillers that can be employed. Iwould use Hyaluronidase injections and switch to another type of filler.

Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Elevess, now called Hydrelle, can be removed

+1

Hi Square Chin,

Elevess is a hyalyuronic acid-based filler that can be removed in a similar fashion to other HA based fillers like Restylane and Juvederm with hyaluronidase. This is a relatively easy procedure but is most effective if performed soon after the procedure- as in the first few weeks. Allow the swelling which comes along with HA-based filler injections to subside before deciding whether or not you would like the product removed.

Ritu Saini, MD