Can Botox Help with Bunny Lines?

I have these "bunny wrinkles" on my nose. Is there a way they can be made less visible with Botox?

Botox is the best treatment for "bunny" lines

+3

Bunny lines are caused by contraction of the underlying muscle called the alaeque nasi. This muscle is more active in certain individuals. 2 units of Botox per side is usually adequate to achieve a nice result.

Consult your dermatologist or plastic surgeon who is experienced in Botox injections for "bunny" lines.

San Diego Dermatologist

Botox works for Bunny lines, but may not if other facial muscles are causing them

+2

Using a small amount of botox in the area of the bunny lines can help relax that muscle and reduce the bunny line wrinkles formed from "scrunching the nose" like in response to when a person smells something bad.

If the botox injections directly in the area of the bunny lines doesn't smooth out enough, then it is possible that the person is scrunching their nose with other muscles on the side of their nose. These muscles can also be injected, but have a higher risk of side effects and will likely causes changes in the way the person smiles, so I don't inject those areas.

In summary, botoxing the bunny line area may show full improvement, but possibly partial improvement depending on the extend of the muscles used to cause them in the first place. This is a similar phenomenon as botox for the crow's feet. The crow's feet wrinkles also look much smoother when the person doesn't move their face and simply squints their eyes without using their cheeks. However, if the person smiles really big, or they squint hard using their cheeks, since they can't squint with their eye muscles, some crow's feet lines can also be seen.

On a side note regarding bunny lines, a patient of mine who is a long time botox user noted that since she has been using botox for the frown lines between her eyebrows, and is unable to frown with these muscles and pull the brow downwards to partially cover her eyes, she has begun doing the opposite and pushing her cheeks upwards harder to compensate for the reduced ability of her brow muscles to work. As a result, she notes that she sees more bunny lines. Since she made this observation, she has asked some of her friends who are fellow users of botox and said that they also noticed the same thing.

I figured that I would add that last point in, just in case you are already a botox user, but started to notice these bunny lines for some odd reason.

Dr. Yang  

George Yang, MD

What's up Doc! Botox for Bunny Lines?

+2

If Bugs Bunny were to come out of retirement, the studio would likely insist on Botox for his bunny lines!

For the average person, it really works well to minimize the horizontal line across the nose. I use it in conjunction with treatment of the glabellar area and it is very effective.

The only caution is to use an injector who is very familiar with the muscular anatomy of the face as this is an off label usage and requires a higher level of knowledge and experience to pull off successfully!

Thaaaat's all Folks!

Best Regards,

KC

Kirk A. Churukian, MD
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Botox is very effective for treating "bunny lines".

+2

Botox is a very effective treatment for "bunny lines", those wrinkles that can occur on either side of the nose.

Depending on the severity of the "bunny lines", an injection or two on each side of the nose is all you'll need for great results.
Results usually last 3-4 months.

Hope this answer helps!

Anifat Balogun, MD
(Dr. Shaney)

Anifat Balogun, MD

Botox is great for Bunny Lines

+2

Botox is a great treatment for bunny lines. Usually with a small injection on either side of your nose, the bunny lines can be significantly reduced - however, they are seldom eliminated. As with other areas of Botox treatment, it is usually advantageous to have some residual activity to maintain normal-appearing animation. Give it a try, I think you will be happy with the results.

David Shafer, MD

David Shafer, MD

Botox is very effective treating bunny lines!

+2

Botox is very effective treating bunny lines of the nose and cheek area. It should last three to four months. The dosage of Botox will vary somewhere between five to fifteen units, depending upon severity of the wrinkles. Find a board certified cosmetic surgeon experienced with Botox and injections in this anatomical area.

I hope this helps!

Stephen A. Goldstein, MD
Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Absolutely

+2

Botox can absolutely improve lines in this area, but I have found that they can be a bit stubborn and may require more than one treatment in some cases. Don't be surprised if you need a repeat injection, but it should work quite nicely.

Shahram Salemy, MD, FACS

Yes, but it is off-label

+2

Botox can safely relax the muscle on the side of the nose responsible for "bunny lines". Off-label means it is not what the product was initially approved for but physicians have safely demonstrated its' use in different areas. This can be done alone or in combination with other treatments.

It is important to seek out a well trained plastic surgeon, dermatologist, facial plastic, or oculoplastic surgeon for your treatment plan. There are large blood vessels in this area and significant bruising and/or migration of the product is possible in inexperienced hands.

Julius W. Few, MD

Bunny lines helped with Botox

+1
"Bunny lines" on the nose are due to repetitive movement of the underlying nasalis muscle. As with other muscles of the face, this muscle is amenable to temporary paralysis by Botox cosmetic injection. Once relaxed, the overlying skin will become smoother and the lines less prominent. As with all cosmetic interventions, a thorough consultation with a board certified or board eligible surgeon or dermatologist is essential for optimal results.

Whitney A. Burrell, MD
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Botox for bunny lines

+1
Yes, it is possible to administer BOTOX in this area to reduce the appearance of bunny lines, and generally the area requires fewer units than other areas.

Jerome Edelstein, MD