Can Any Acupuncturist Do an Acupuncture Face Lift?

Acupuncture Facelift

+1

Any acupuncture physician can do an acupuncture face-lift. They have been trained accordingly to do the face-lift and to also do body acupuncture. Advocates believe that the procedures will strengthen the meridians that will help with the aging process. For instance, the spleen/stomach meridians helps with the production of Qi and help it flow upwards to improve muscle tone. The actual value of the procedure is debatable.

Don't believe everything you read

+1

It's amazing to me to see how everyone and anyone is now promising their own "facelift du jour". I did some research on the internet regarding acupuncture facelift, and the Acupuncture.com a relatively reliable site states:

"Is it really a facelift? The answer is an unequivocal no. Nor is it intended to replace a facelift. Cosmetic acupuncture entails no incisions, sutures or acid peels and it will not produce sudden, drastic changes in underlying structures. In fact, the American Cosmetic Acupuncture Association discourages the use of the term, “facelift” in connection with acupuncture, as this creates unrealistic expectations and, ultimately, disappointment. Remember, it took decades of stress, sun damage and exposure to environmental toxins for your skin to reach a state of crisis, and the damage will not be instantly undone. The remedy cosmetic acupuncture may offer is the reduction or erasure of fine lines and the softening of deeper ones. Additionally, patients may experience the firming of jowls and a reduction in the size of under-eye bags. It is not unusual for clients to report enhanced skin tone, increased energy and eyes that sparkle."

So, although the "official voice" steps away form making such large claims as acupuncture making your face younger, it continues to claim firming of jowls, reduction of bags under the eyes. Well, there is no medical or scientific evidence or logic to support such claims. There are no photographs to document any significant benefit. The most believable claim is that acupuncture can make your whole health improve and as such impart a benefit to your facial appearance.

If you believe that acupuncture can make your face look younger by relaxing you, go ahead. However, save your money and don't fall for the claims of removed wrinkles, removed jowls, removed eyelid bags, or removed dark circles under the eyes.

Accupunture Facelift

+1

I assume any accupuncturist can do this procedure. But the real question is whether any accupuncture can achieve a facelift? My response would be, NO. There is no scientific evidence or studies that support this thesis.  

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.