Will 2 Weeks of Isotane Treatment Work?

I just had my acne treatment (emla) and My doctor gave me 15 capsules of isotane to use for 2 weeks. I afraid my isotane treatment wont work well and gave me bad side effect. I have very bad comedone that deep inside my skin face. I just had laser treatment (" Comedone + Emla " sth written on my prescription), and my dermatologist said i have a lot of comedone deep inside the skin. He gave me 15 capsules of isotane. I've came across a lot of reviews and most of them were on months to years of treatment, yet some of them had good results and some of them bad result. I am wondering, is 2 weeks of isotane will make my acne gone away?? and will i get side effect from that?? I am taking 10mg isotane daily. Thanks

2 weeks of isotretinoin

+3

Taking isotretinoin for 2 weeks will absolutely not cure your acne. You stated you're taking 10mg, which is a very low dosage so the effects will be even less. Most people require a few months to a year with low dose Accutane, so do not expect much to happen within your two week timeframe. It is impossible.

Effective Accutane Treatment

+1

Thank you for your question. For Accutane to be effective there is a goal dosage that must be met based on your weight over several months. The usual treatment course is about 5 to 6 months. This short course of 2 weeks will be adequate enough to resolve your acne. Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist with expertise in acne for the most effective and safe treatment options. However, you will have to refrain from laser treatments during your course.  I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist