What Should I Do to Calm Down my Skin After a Possible Allergic Reaction to a Serum?

I tried a small sample of Murad age spot and pigment lightening gel.The next day, two areas on my chin became reddish/dark brown itchy and irritable.i stopped using it and i thought they were just breakouts that would go away the next day. But its day 2 and its still irritating My skin normally never breaks out and when it does it goes away after a nap. Also a freckle on my cheek suddenly turned into a orangeish small bump/pimple!

Allergic reaction

+1

Reactions to skin lightening creams are fairly common.  Obviously, you won't be able to use that serum again.  You can use some over-the-counter hydrocortisone 1% 2 or 3 times a day for a week and it's going to take a week for this to resolve.  In addition, you would be strongly advised to make sure you are using sunscreens during the day otherwise these areas could get even darker.  Good luck with this.

Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon