Callous on Nose After Rhinoplasty?

Hi, I am 6 weeks post revision rhinoplasty and I seem to have developed a round hard lump on the side of the bridge of my nose? Please could you let me know what this is. I have been in touch with my surgeon and he has said to massage my nose firmly from the top of the bridge down to the tip of my nose. I have been doing this for the past week or so and it seems to have made the lump grow. Please could you let me know if these bumps go over time?

Lump after rhinoplasty

+1

Each situation is unique and only your rhinoplasty surgeon knows the specific details of your procedure and should be the person yo see for this - make an appointment to be seen

Rhinoplasty postoperative swelling

+1

There is a significant amount of swelling 6 weeks after rhinopoplasty.  The callus formation or lump under the skin may also be swelling due to the surgery.  I would not reccomend massaging the nose at this time since it can possibly inhibit healing.  If the callus formation or lump is still present after 6 months, then it can be better evaluated at that time.

William J. Binder, MD

Callous formation

+1

Nasal callous formation can happen after surgery as the bones are healing.  This may soften over time. Give it a year.

Nasal Callous 6 Weeks after Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Although it depends on what was done during your surgery, I would not be concerned '"callous formation" or any irregularities 6 weeks after revision rhinoplasty. Follow your surgeon's recommendations.

Callus

+1

It is not uncommon to form some callus after a Rhinoplasty with nasal rasping. I would agree with your surgeon's present recommendation to give it some time to resolve. Massage does not make a callus grow it  reduces it with time. Also in some patients a small injection of steroid is helpful.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

The correct diagnosis is critical here.

is this a boney callus/ is this a graft that is showing? Is this a Hematoma?

The correct diagnosis is best done by the original surgeon, He/She knws what was done.

Otherwise have another consult with an Experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for advise and when to intervene

Callous on Nose after Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

A callous after rhinoplasty suggest bony formation over the bone or cartilage on the dorsum of the nose. This will not go away with massaging and will probably require a revision rasping of the dorsum of the nose.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS