I'm 3 Weeks Post Op from Bleph Both Up & Down, Now It's Tearing Continually, is This Normal?

My right eye is just pouring tears 24/7 for last 2 weeks, it's very hard to see , blurry all the time. I have already been checked by my PS and my Opthomalagist and have made appointments for next week and they don't seem to find any reason. Is this normal and why is it like this?

Eye tearing after blepharoplasty

+2

The two main causes of eye tearing weeks after blepharoplasty are the following: 1) eye irritation from dry eyes; 2) eyelid position change and/or eye closure issues.  You see an oculoplastic specialist for evaluation.

Web reference: http://www.tabanmd.com/

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Constant irritation of the eyes after a 4 lid blepharoplasty

+2

If you have constant tearing of your eyes following a blepharoplasty this may be an indication of irritation of your eyes.  You should be check by your plastic surgeon or an ophthalmologist for eyelid malposition, exposure or corneal abrasions.    

Tearing and blepharoplasty

+2

Tearing may suggest eye irrrtation and it is probably a good idea to see your surgeon to see what is going on.

Excess tearing after blepharoplasty is completely not normal.

+2

It just does not happen unless there is something going on.  It is a sign of an issue and you are taking the right steps to be examined by your surgeon and your ophthalmologist.  Frankly, your plastic surgeons lacks the skills, training and experience as well as diagnostic equipment to determine the basis for the tearing.  The general ophthalmologist should be able to properly assess you.  However, they may recommend a detailed assessment by a fellowship trained oculoplastic surgeon.  This is a board certified ophthalmologist who is also fellowship trained in eyelid plastic surgery which included the diagnosis and management of tearing issues.

Excess tearing after blepharoplasty occasionally occur.

+2

During for number of weeks after blepharoplasty sometimes afflicts the unlucky patient. Almost always this resolves as healing continues. You're wise to see your ophthalmologist and plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,22-atlanta-eyelid.htm

+1

You will need to be examined for the cause of this excessive tearing.    Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Upper-and-Lower-Eyelids.php