Can the Brazilian Butt Threads Be Removed?

Im considering to get butt implants ,but i have proline threads on . Could I get the brazilian butt threads remove ? Or what could I do ?

Buttock Implants

+2

Having a thread lift to the buttock does not change the anatomy, the threads may hold for a certain amount of time. If the threads in the buttock are still holding, and you are contemplating a butt implant, then I would remove the threads to let the butt take its natural shape, based on that then I would choose the right implant for the shape and size of your buttock without the effect of the threads.

Butt implants

+2

Dear Monica. There are 3 areas  where the implants can be placed for butt  augmentation with implants. These are sub-muscular, intra-muscular and sub-fascial. The sub-fascial is a better location because of the ability to place a larger implants and other reasons, but in your specific situation, due to the Proline threads, it will be easier to remove the threads from this approach since the threads are in the skin. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced with this technique. Check the before and after to make sure that you like the results. Best of luck, Dr Widder.

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Whether the threads need to be removed and what type of procedure you are having will determine whether they should be removed

+2

Hello Monica,

Thank you for the question.  If you are not having any infection issue or suture extrusion (spitting) issues and you are going to be getting buttock fat grafting then leaving them is likely the best course of action.  If you will undergoing an open procedure such as a buttock lift or placement of a buttock implant then the sutures should be removed as access to them will be available.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

+2

This may be very difficult or relatively easy depending upon location and depth of placement.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results. 

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Buttock Implants after Buttocklift threads

+2

It is quite possible to place submuscular buttock implants even if you have buttock lift threads in place.  I recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon whom specializes in buttock implants so that s/he can examine your buttock and confirm this is indeed possible.  Glad to help... 

Ryan Stanton, MD