My flight is 5 hrs long. How Soon Can You Sit After Buttock Implant?

How Soon Can You Sit After Buttock Implant? Im planing on flying a week post surgery , and my flight its 5 hour long. Could I sit for that period ? Thanks

Sitting after buttock surgery

+2

Hello Monica,

There are two general type of buttock augmentation surgery: fat grafting or implants.  With both procedures you will want plenty of padding and will not want to sit in one place for too long.  It will be difficult to stand for 5 hours and the flight attendants may not allow you to do so.  You may want to stay in the area where you are having surgery longer for recuperation or seek to have the surgery done closer to home.

Dr. Remus Repta

How Soon Can You Sit After Buttock Implant?

+1
You should ask your surgeon as he or she is ultimately responsible for your care after surgery.  Standing every 30 minutes or so is helpful as is sitting forward with pillows underneath the thighs. 

Sitting after butock implants

+1

Because every surgeon has his/her own specific post-op recommendations, I would first ask your operating surgeon.  I generally allow patients to fly back home 5-7 days after surgery with the recommendation that they do chair lifts (pressure releases) at least every 20-30 minutes and get up to walk the isle every hour.  Glad to help... 

Ryan Stanton, MD