Mentor Silicone Implants Too Big?

I went too big and chose 450cc Mentor silicone implants for my 32A start point in May 2012. Is it possible to downsize 200-250cc's? Can I switch to Sientra anatomicals? Also, if pocket is already created why does PS want to charge me extra for internal sutures? Wouldn't it be a wash since the PS doesn't have to make the pocket?

Change in breast implant size

+3

Changing the size of implants is generally not a difficult procedure.  It would be important to know the profile of the implant used (high, moderate-plus, moderate) before other recommendations could be made.  Going from a 450 to 200-250 seems like a big change however.  I think you would be at high risk for rotation of an anatomic implant in this setting.  It is difficult to know without photos, but I would generally recommend moderate downsizing of the implant and possible reduction in the profile (ie. moderate-plus instead of high).  As always, it is important to discuss your concerns with a reputable, board-certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes!

Implant exchange

+2

When down sizing breast implants, the pocket is often too large for the smaller implants and requires some tightening.

Implants are too large , here are some options

+2

implants are too large , here are some options

1. anatomics are fine
  2. change to sientra
  3. the pocket changes take time and effort
  4. 250 is a much better size   
  5. see my other comments on size

call for more info

Downsizing implants

+2

You can always go smaller if you wish. Going from 450 to 200 is a very big change, make sure thats what you want. If you want to go to an anatomical implant, the pocket will have to be revised. This is to make sure the anatomical implant will not rotate in the pocket created for the larger implant. Round implants will not have any issues. Pricing policies vary from surgeon to surgeon so I can not comment on pricing practices.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.