Route to Get Back As Close As Possible to Pre BA? (photo)

My breast augmentation was riddled w problems. My original surgeon was not Board Cert and dismissed me at month 3 bc I was unhappy w large implants. At mo2 I had seroma. I listened to people who told me to go big. 32A 450cc HP silicone Mentor sub muscular crease May 2012. My new PS says I will most likely have acceptable results for explant on Jan 23rd. No implant seems small enough. I think BWD 11.7. What can I do to get me closest to the old me?

Route to Get Back As Close As Possible to Pre BA?

+4

I agree that you should start with explantation alone, without implant replacement and wait 6 months for healing before deciding on whether to place new implants or to consider a lift.  Since your implants were behind the muscle, you may be pleasantly surprised at how close you may get to your pre- augmentation look.  This is because the breast tissue is still attached to the pectoralis muscle, which has contractile properties and will re-conform back to your chest wall.  Good luck!

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Removing Implant Should Return You to Original Size

+2

The breast implant removal after a few months will likely return you to form very similar to your original breasts. If there is residual sagging in 6 months or so, this can be addressed at that time with some sort of lift or fat grafting, depending upon what is needed.  You may want to consider reducing the size of the implants rather than removing them.

Breast Implant Removal

+2

Dear Fun Size,

I am sorry to hear that your breast augmentation results did not meet your expectations. Communication between surgeon and patient before and after surgery is extremely important for setting appropriate goals and expectations as well as optimizing your experience and results.

If you are looking to return to your pre-augmentation size, I would suggest that you consider having your implants removed and then wait at least six months after surgery to see if your skin can contract sufficiently. After having the implants removed, you may or may not be left residual sagging. If there is residual sagging, you may wish or need to undergo a subsequent breast lift and/or placement of a smaller implant.

Please see an experienced, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an evaluation and discussion of your goals.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD

Reverse breast augmentation

+2

Thank you for your question and photos. Unfortunately you had larger implants placed than was appropriate for your body by a poorly trained surgeon. I believe that removing the implants will return your breasts to the pre augmentation volume. You might have some initial skin looseness, but this will improve in 4-6 months. I would prefer to wait that long, and if you end up with some upper pole deficiency, I would fat graft the muscle and upper breasts. You can have a very natural outcome in the long run. I would avoid a lift at the time of explantation (you have good elastic skin and your breasts should tighten up on their own). Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with Large Implants

+2

Hi,

I'm very sorry that your breast augmentation did not meet expectations:

• Based on your concerns and the fact that "no implant seems small enough", I suggest that you have the implants removed and not immediately replaced. 
  • Wait at least 6 months after removal before deciding on another augmentation. This will allow your breasts to settle and you to adjust to your new body image.

Thanks for your question and good luck!

Stephen M. Lazarus, MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Explant

+2

There is no way to turn back the clock so to speak. An explant will return you to your former size with the consequence of drooping. You may need a lift to tighten the skin.

Michael Hueneke, MD

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
Lots of moving parts here, you are a small person and had big implants so Im not sure why you are upset with the side boob as that would have been obvious with your implant size

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Route to Get Back As Close As Possible to Pre Breast Augmentation?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction after breast augmentation surgery. Given your description of goals, I think it is clear that you will be best off removing your breast implants and not re augmenting the breasts- allow yourself at least 6 months after the procedure before evaluating the final outcome. Hopefully you will be pleased enough  with the outcome so that additional breast surgery will be unnecessary.

Implants are Too Big

+1

Thanks for the pictures.  I would recommend that you have them removed since you are not happy with the size even though the result is good.  You will most likely need a lift in 3-6 months after the implants are removed.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Unhappy with Breast Implants

+1

Dear Fun Size, your liking for pre surgery breast is rather unusual since I don't see much beauty in them. Your surgeon has perhaps put a larger 450 cc implant and if you explained to him that you don't want to see boobs under your arm he might have gone for 300 cc implants. Nothing is lost you can still suggest to you PS who may do it for you and may work. He will have to close the cavity of the larger implant over the lateral chest wall where you don't want your boob to be. Wishing you good luck.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon