Revision Rhinoplasty - Will I See a Significant Improvement? (photo)

Hi Doctors! I had rhinoplasty in 1989. However, I broke my nose again 8 months after surgery. I am unhappy with the tip (I would like it more defined as it is bulbous) - My nostrils flare to much when I smile - and my nose is crooked My nose is not a nose I would select if I were having rhinoplasty. I feel it is not a very feminine nose. I realize if you, the experts, tell me that a revision surgery won't won't make much of a difference, then I will stop being concerned about it. Thank you!

Will revision rhinoplasty change your nose

+1

The key thing to remember in revision rhinoplasty is that you and the surgeon will come up with a list of what you want to achieve should be able to get most of the way there.  Depending on the amount of scar tissue, lack of cartilage, bony irregularities and deviation of the nose, you should have definite improvement.  You just cannot expect all items of your list always to be achieved in one operation.  

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crooked nose and revision rhinoplasty

+1

From the pictures shown, it appears  the patient's left upper lateral cartilage been fractured off left nasal bone and herniated  inwards.  This is giving the twisted look to the nose. A spreader graft may be required to make this look more symmetrical. Examination and consultation in person would be the best to determine whether or not the nasal bones will need to be reset during the revision rhinoplasty procedure. There is some improvement that can certainly be made in the tip to refine and narrow the wide tip.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

I'm sorry to hear about your experience.  A thorough evaluation of both the inside and the outside of the nose is needed to evaluate the underlying anatomy.  This will help determine the cause of your crooked nose in order to address it.  The flaring of your nostrils that you experience with smiling can be reduced and the nasal tip addressed; however, an in-person evaluation is recommended.  Please consult with a board certified specialist in revision rhinoplasty who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Rhinoplasty revision

+1

You may benefit from revision rhinoplasty but an exam in person would be essential. While I appraciate the photos, other views would be helpful.

Revision Rhinoplasty for Broken Nose after Rhinoplasty

+1

Thanks for posting this great question and your pics. Yes, you could benefit from a revision rhinoplasty. The nasal tip appears deviated to the right, and, though I can't tell completely in a photo, the left side seems sunken in. The upper third of the nose looks relatively straight, however, so you may be able to have a tip reshaping procedure and avoid all the bruising, etc. that comes with work on the nasal bones. Please visit a handful of qualified surgeons to help you define exactly what you want. Best of luck moving forward!

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes, you should be able to have a more refined tip and straighter nose.

+1

From the photos, you nose is definitely crooked and the tip asymmetrical.   Certainly both of these things can be improved by a good rhinoplasty surgeon.  I am not sure if your tip is too bulbous or just asymetrical and so it woudl be hard to make comments on the narrowness of your tip from the photos given.  The best thing to do is see a well trained surgeon and get an opinion in person.  Generally most noses damaged by trauma or prior surgery can be improved.

Best regards,

Dr. Smith

Lane Smith, MD

Revision Tip Plasty

+1

I agree that you need more detailed photos . The last photo on the right is fine if it were just a little closer ( photo should only include the head from just below the chin to the top of the head ). Similarly, a lateral , 3/4 and base view are essential. Of course , nothing can substitute for an exam to check for the thickness of the skin, tip support  etc.. Your nose does veer slightly to the the right , however , it does not sound that this is your primary concern. I would also suggest you consult with a surgeon who has experience with revision rhinoplasty .

Thanks

David F. LaPatka, MD
Santa Barbara Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplas

+1

In the hands of an expert "Revision" Rhinoplasty expert, your nose can definitely be enhanced. The tip can be refined with the use of cartilage grafts and the bridge can be improved.  Wide nostrils can be narrowed but when nostrils flare with smiling that part is natural and cannot be improved.

Devinder S. Mangat, MD
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Success with Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

I recommend that you do consult with a revision rhinoplasty specialist, but the pictures do suggest that the tip can be refined with a minor revision. I need to see better pictures. Go to my website for instructions on the views to submit for nasal evaluation.