Is This Normal Progress Following Mastopexy with Augmentation or Symmastia? (photo)

I am a week post-op mastopexy with augmentation. I had saline implants placed 8 years ago and my left implant ruptured. After seeing several plastic surgeons, I decided to go with the one that felt right. I realize that I am still swollen and that I will go through several changes as my final shape takes place. My main concern is that I may have symmastia. There is tenting between my breasts and appears lacking space between implants. I was told to get a thong bra and massage implants down.

Not Symmastia After Breast Augmentation and Lift

+3

Thank you for your question. You are correct that it will take 8-12 weeks to see your final result after breast augmentation and mastopexy.

From your photographs it appears that the skin in your cleavage area is attached to your sternum and thus you do not have symmastia.

And most patients following breast augmentation over prolonged periods of time the most common occurrence is that breast implants 10 to spread with time and the cleavage he comes wider. This may not happen in your case but I would be reassured that I see no evidence of symmastia.

Is This Normal Progress Following Mastopexy with Augmentation or Symmastia?

+2

I do not see any symmastia! Best to follow up with your chosen surgeon for all your concerns. Thebreasts  appear as an excellent early result 

+2

Based on the photos, there is no symmastia but rather normal swelling after surgery. It is too early to judge the results. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

Breasts close tgether is not symmastia.

+2

Hi.

I think you will be alright.  Your breasts are quite close together, but that is not necessarily a problem.  I think you will be happy in several months.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Normal Progress Following Mastopexy with Augmentation or Symmastia?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures. You are correct in that there is significant swelling at this point and that you can expect significant changes over the course of the next several weeks/months. You do not have symmastia.

Continue to exercise patience and follow your plastic surgeon's advise.

Symmastia

+2

Symmastia with implants is defined as touching implants, and these are not. 

It is not reasonable to comment on this early an outcome, especially in the absence of preop photos. But I see nothing that would concern me. All the best. 

+1

Symmastia is not present, and this looks like a reasonable early result. 

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA