I had lip implants from Dr. David Kaufman from Sacramento 10 years ago. My smile has never been the same. Can it be fixed?

He put upper and lower foam implants 5mm they where pretty good at the beginning and the horror started when my lips started change shape very flat on the edges. My smile has never been the same a have a very small smile weird can this be fixed? He never told me I needed to stretch my mouth so my mouth opening shrinked.

Lip Implant Removal

The implants have undoubtably scarred in and distort the lips with movement. (smiling) Depending upon the amount of lip distortion, it may be worthwhile to consider their removal with fat graft replacement. These implants can be very difficult to remove due to scar but can be successfully done so. This is the only way to every change the lip distortion that you now have. Whether this is worth the effort depends on how bad the problem is now.

Removal of lip implants and Permalip in Los Angeles

Our office specializes in the removal of silicone and lip implants from the lips. Permalip implants and Goretex can be removed successfully to restore the natural contours of your lips. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Lip Implants

Thank you for your question. I recommend seeing a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and or a Board Certified Dermatologist and have them evaluated for the possibility of an explant, or other measures. I hope this helps!

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon