Male tummy tuck candidate. Should I do it? Chickening out and already have deposit down (Photo).

So, over 15 years ago I lose 80 pounds. I have kept it off. I maintain a healthy lifestyle. But, I have not had my shirt off even in front of those I date in my life. I'm too insecure. I had my consultation, put down my down-payment, but just don't know if I'll be happy with it. I don't have pecs of steel, but don't want to mess with my chest. Would I be happy with a tummy tuck by my pictures? Good candidate? What if I lose another 20 pounds incidentally after? Loose skin again?

Male tummy tuck candidate. Should I do it? Chickening out and already have deposit down

+1
I think that a tummy tuck is not unreasonable given the picture.

Los Angeles, CA....

+1
Dear Maybemaybenot,

Congratulations on your weight loss and maintenance of results. You should be proud of your effort. Having second thoughts before surgery is common in cosmetic surgery. It sounds like the appearance of your mid-section bothers you to the point where you will not take your shirt off in public. Having plastic surgery will change the external appearance, but the true reward I see in my patients is the change in their self-confidence and esteem. 

Express your concerns with your surgeon and keep communication open so you both are on the same page and understand the expected results and outcome. Good luck.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon