Can liposuction compromise or weaken the ligaments that surround the knee?

A few years ago I had liposuction to my thighs; inner, posterior, lateral and anterior. Approximately 8 weeks later, my meniscus tore, as I was stepping up into a van. I am very active, muscular, and flexible. Not looking for a law suit or anything, but is it possible that liposuction could have compromised or weakened the ligaments that surround the knee?

#kneeContouring

+1

Knee Liposuction is performed very carefully right underneath the skin. the ligaments and the menisci are located at a  deeper level. your injury was a coincidence.

Liposuction has no effect on the underlying ligaments after liposuction of the legs.

+1

damage to your meniscus is coincidental with your liposuction not directly related to it.liposuction has no effect on the underlying muscles, tendons, and bone.

Lipo Knee

+1

I have done countless liposuction on the medial knees and have never experienced an issue with the medial collateral ligament. I have also never read or heard about this complication in regards to liposuction.

Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon