I Am 8 Weeks Post Op from Full Tummy Tuck Breast Lift and Liposuction? (photo)

So i cant go for more than an hour with out my compression garment on..... since i had my surgery in mexico, it isnt feasible for me to go back for a check up. it seems like it is taking a super long time to heal. i honestly feel like i have reached a certain point and haven't gotten any better. i have felt about the same now for 2 months. my tummy is sore and hard right in the center. and i think i should be able to feel close to normal by now , BUT I DONT. my belly so numb i get big cramps to

Hello

+2

The best thing to do is to find a PS in your local area that is willing to see you and give you there advice. I will say that it takes 6-9 months for you to feel completely normal.

Residual issues after tummy tuck/liposuction

+2

If you are still having issues with your surgical area and going back to your original surgeon is not feasible, the only option left is to seek out local board certified plastic surgeon for your follow up care. As with any surgery, recovery period can be longer than what you normally expect. I tell my patients that you are not completely done with healing and recovering from your cosmetic surgery for at least 6 months, and often 1 year. Managing issues that arise during recovery period is part of the whole surgical care. It's important to have periodic visits, ideally with your operating surgeon, to make everything is coming along just fine.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Surgery in Mexico and now having questions

+2

Thank you for your question and photos.

I would recommend that you be seen by a local surgeon to discuss your concerns.  You may have to pay a consult fee (since you had your surgery elsewhere) but at least your mind would be at ease that things are recovering as they should.

I Am 8 Weeks Post Op from Full Tummy Tuck Breast Lift and Liposuction?

+2

Posted photos appear as an acceptable result. But best to see LOCAL PS for a fee for consult. Fee range from $250 to $500. 

Problems with tummy tuck in Mexico

+2

If you are still having problems months after surgery, I would recommend follow up with a local plastic surgeon if possible. 

Naveen Setty, MD

Addressing concerns

+2

If you're uncertain about your plastic surgery done in Mexico, you should consider seeing a local plastic surgeon. Traveling out of the country for plastic surgery can create challenges like making sure that you have appropriate follow up! Best wishes.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Tummy Tuck, Breast Lift, and Liposuction at 8 Weeks Postop

+1

Tummy tuck combined with liposuction takes longer for swelling to come down. At 6 months, you will look much better than at 8 weeks.

Several possibilities may be present

+1

Thank you for the question and photos.  There may be a few issues at play here and proper diagnosis and management will require an in person evaluation.  I would call around to your local board certified plastic surgeons and see if you can arrange an examination/evaluation.  Not all plastic surgeons are willing to take on the potential complications associated with surgery performed by another surgeon out of the country but some will.  You should be prepared financially and with regards to time off of work as a revision surgery may be needed if fat necrosis or pseudobursa is present.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Logistic problems with foreign travel surgery

+1

For 8 weeks out, there is a lot of residual bruising.  You definitely need follow-up.  It is always best for your surgeon to do his own follow-up which is a major objections to foreign surgery.  Expect to pay for the services of a local plastic surgeon.

Plastic Surgery in another country

+1

Hello Christine, thanks for your question. Since your surgery was 2 months ago, you probably still have some swelling that will continue to get better with time.

I agree with other authors ... I strongly advise you to see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Having surgery outside of the country may save you some money in the beginning, but as you're learning, follow up is very difficult, and may be expensive.

I hope that helps and wish you all the best.

James Knoetgen, III, MD
Fresno Plastic Surgeon