I Am Interested in Getting a Butt Augmentation but Its Hard to Find a Doctor Here?

I live near Orange County and I'm looking for a dr that has performed butt augmentation. I've read about the fat transfer and I don't think I'm a good candidate. I'm 5'3 140 lbs I work out everyday weights and cardio. I hear you have to have enough fat to do the Brazilian surgery ;( I need a doctor !!!! Help...

Butt Augmentation

+2

There are two ways to enlarge your buttocks:

1.) Brazilian Butt Lift (Fat Transfer)

2.) Butt Implants

Brazilian butt lift is the combination of liposuction and fat injection.

How is the Brazilian butt lift performed?

The Brazilian butt lift involves three techniques: liposelection of two or more areas, donor fat processing, and microinjection of the donor fat into the buttocks.

Under anesthesia, the buttock is first contoured by performing  liposelection,(ultrasonic liposuction) to harvest the fat to be used. Common areas to liposuction include the back- directly above the butt, the abdomen, and the thighs. Note that even the liposuction alone will give your body a more attractive look.

After liposuction, Dr. Wiener carefully purifies the fat so that only the best donor fat cells will be injected back into your buttocks for augmentation. The fat which has been suctioned is processed to isolate viable fat cells. The fat is carefully purified such that only a fraction of the donor fat removed will qualify for re-injection to the buttocks. In order to get enough qualified fat, Doctor must liposuction at least two areas of your body.

The purified fat is then placed or transferred to the buttocks with special cannulas. This process is referred to as ‘microinjection’. Dr. Wiener’s technique of microinjection enables the fat cells to receive adequate blood supply so that they can survive once inside the buttocks tissue. This technique results in the highest permanent survival rate of the fat and is the best way to achieve a permanent result.

Dr. Wiener microinjects small amounts of purified donor fat into different areas and depths of the buttocks. The procedure involves scores or hundreds of micro fat injections. Correct injection methods are key to achieving a long lasting, uniform, smooth, and natural appearance to the buttocks.

An additional benefit of the Brazilian butt lift is that you not only get a shapelier buttock, but the area to liposuction is now much leaner, giving your profile a more sensuous look.

The fat is harvested using specialized liposuction techniques called Lipo-Selection. A low pressure aspiration system is used to minimize damage to fat cells as they are being extracted. Regular liposuction traumatizes fat cells too much. Only the correct type of liposuction will yield fat cells that will result in a permanent lifetime result.

However, implants may be recommended for patients who have very little body fat to harvest, such as body-builders and naturally thin patients. After buttock augmentation with fat transfer or silicone implants, patients should avoid sitting directly on the buttocks or lying on their backs for two to three weeks to maximize results. During this time, compression garments may be worn to reduce swelling. Patients may experience some pain or discomfort, bruising and swelling after the procedure. Most patients return to work two weeks after their buttock augmentation and are able to resume all normal activities within four weeks. Swelling typically dissipates by the sixth week.

Cost is always a consideration in elective surgery. Procedure prices can vary widely, due to the fact that every patient is different. It could be a range between $8,000 and $9,000.

When performed by an experienced surgeon using the proper techniques, buttock augmentation is a highly satisfying and permanent procedure that enhances the profile of the buttocks and surrounding areas for a younger, firmer, and curvier look.

Candidate for Brazilian Butt Lift?

+2

Hi Sally, great question! As you probably know already, a "Brazilian Butt Lift" refers to liposuction of the areas surrounding the buttocks (usually the lower back, waist, and sometimes the thighs or abdomen), with placement of that fat into the buttocks. As you mentioned, a person must have enough fat in order to have this procedure. Even though your BMI is only 25, it's difficult to evaluate whether or not you have enough fat without examining you.

So I suggest you visit a board certified plastic surgeon who performs this procedure and discuss with them in more detail. I perform them in Fresno and Bakersfield, CA and I'm sure you can find others who perform it in LA.

I hope that helps and wish you all the best!

James Knoetgen, III, MD
Fresno Plastic Surgeon

Buttock Augmentation

+2

Right next door in Beverly Hills, CA

Allow me to share with you some information that you may not hear elsewhere. There are only two proven safe and relatively effective methods for Buttock Augmentation and Hip Augmentation: 1) Autologous Fat Transfer (using your own fat, transferring from one area of the body to the other) and 2) Buttock/Hip Implants (semi-solid silicone rubber implants that cannot rupture &/or leak). Both are very good options so what it comes down to, like any surgery, is proper patient selection. Indeed because at least 50+ % of the fat transferred will melt away within a year, most patients are not good candidates because they lack an adequate amount of fat to harvest. Another tip is that if you gain weight for the procedure, the fat that you lose first when you go back down to your baseline weight after surgery is in fact that fat that you originally gained and transferred into your buttocks...so don't fall victim to this recommendation.  Although using your own fat is relatively safe, the one serious complication that can rarely (< 1%) happen is "fat embolism" in which some of the fat gets into the blood stream and travels up into the lungs, heart, and/or brain causing serious problems. This complication is more likely to happen with the larger amount of fat being transferred. This can also happen when using fillers like PMMA and hyaluronic acids. Also fillers, when injected in large quantities, have a relatively high tendency to migrate away from the original area they were placed and tend to stimulate a lot of inflammation and subsequent scar tissue/hardening.

Thus buttock/hip implants become a very good, safe, and long term reliable option for most patients seeking buttock augmentation (at least in my practice). I prefer to insert the buttock implants through a single 2 ½ inch long incision over the tailbone (concealed within the crevice between the buttock cheeks) and the hip implants through a ~ 1 inch incision just below the beltline above the hip region. The buttock implant should always be placed under or within the gluteus maximus muscle. In this position, the implant is less palpable, less visible, and does not sag or shift/migrate over time unlike implants placed on top of the muscle. Therefore it is extremely important to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure. And in this case too, at least in my surgical practice, the infection rate is minimized to ~5%. Hope this helps… @DRRYANSTANTON

Ryan Stanton, MD

Butt augmentation options

+1

Yes, there are two ways to augment the buttock: an implant or fat transfer.  If you have enough fat available, then that is very nice option.  If you are very fit, then an implant would be the best option.  You would need a consultation to determine which procedure you would be best suited for.

Dennis Dass, MD

Buttock Augmentation Orange County California

+1

There are board certified plastic surgeons in Orange County that perform buttock augmentation so do not despair. At Pacific Center for Plastic Surgery with offices in Huntington Beach and Newport Beach we perform buttock augmentation on a regular basis. To find other qualify Plastic Surgeons check out the American Society of Plastic Surgery "to find a doctor" tab website.

Here is some helpful information regarding your options for Buttock Augmentation: 

There are many options to have a shapelier butt. They include a Brazilian Butt Lift if there is adequate fat available for fat transfer, buttock implants and a butt lift. Fat transferred to the Buttocks is generally called a Brazilian Butt Lift. Some surgeons, including myself harvest fat in particular from the lower back to give it an S shaped contour that defines and sculpts the top of the buttocks giving it the illusion that it is bigger and definitely more shapely before the fat transfer is actually done. Similarly, sometimes fat is taken from the upper back of the thighs to also define the edge of the buttocks while taking care of what many women call the "banana rolls" as well as the "diamond" shape space that is attractive at the highest point of the inside of the thighs when viewed behind. Also the amount of fat that takes is highly technique dependent and experience dependent.
Implants are generally reserved for those that want more fullness but have inadequate fat available for transfer. It is more involved and has a longer recovery. Lastly Butt Lifts generally refer to using "flaps" of redundant soft tissue that are tucked inside the butt while tightening up the skin envelope. This requires the longest time for recovery and results in the largest scars which visible.
In other words there are many subtleties that make all the difference between a good result and a great result.  My suggestion is to go to a board certified plastic surgeon with significant experience in these techniques. His exam will determine which course if right for you.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Good candidate for Brazilian Buttlift

+1

At 5'3", 140 lbs, you are probably a very good candidate for Brazilian buttlift, and you could probably have 5L of fat liposuctioned from various areas as you desire and then about 900 to 1500 ml transferred to each buttock.  Pictures would be nice.