I have a hard bump on both sides of my nose. Does not feel like swelling at all. Is this normal? (photo)

I had open rhinoplasty last week. Im 9 days post op & I had my splint & stitches removed 4 days ago. Although I am still swollen, I am very concerned about the way my nose looks so far. It does not look straight & I believe it's because I developed a bump on the side of my nose. The bump was not there before. After my splint removal, my dr pointed out I was very swollen in that area. The swelling has gone down but now it feels like a hard bump. What could this be? I'm freaking out. :(

Rhinoplasty 9 days post op

+1

It's far too early to come to any conclusions, and you really need to be examined to determine exactly what you are noticing. That being said, try not to over-analyze the results at this point. Swelling can often be asymmetric at this stage and can vary with sleeping position, the type of rhinoplasty approach, number of grafts, skin thickness, etc. Best of luck.

I have a hard bump on both sides of my nose. Does not feel like swelling at all. Is this normal?

+1

ONLY 12 week post!!! You need to wait at least 4 months before thinking about a revision. Best to discuss with your surgeon..

Rhinoplasty at one week

+1

One week after a rhinoplasty is way to early to see the results. It will take many months for the swelling to subside.

+1

You are very early, and this is hard to evaluate without an exam.

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.