I Am About 10 Weeks out from Having my Tummy Tuck w/ Muscle Repair and Was Hit on the Side?

However my toddler slammed his little head into my right side and now I am feeling the same burning sensation I did when I used to sneeze after surgery. Do u think maybe my stitches got ripped? I also feel small needles inside. I'm so scared and concerned that my investment has been damaged :(

10 Weeks out from Having my Tummy Tuck

+1

At ten weeks it is unlikely that any significant damage might have occurred. In particular, at the sides there is little of structural importance in the muscle repair that you had.

Better, however, that reassurance from surgeons who have never seen you, call in to your own surgeon.

Thanks and best wishes.

Hello

+1

From your description it does not sound like you have damaged anything. You need to see your PS to exam you and get a better opinion.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck post op

+1

You said you were 10 weeks post op.  You should be fine, but I hope you were wearing a support garment.  I recommend you make an appointment with your Plastic Surgeon for a follow up.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Head Butt after Abdominoplasty

+1

At 10 weeks you should be pretty well healed after your tummy tuck. Generally, the sutures that are used to tighten up the abdominal muscles are place between your "6 pack" or rectus abdominis muscles. So, getting hit on the side of your abdomen should not affect the suture repair. Usually at 8-12 weeks I allow my patients to resume core abdominal muscle exercises. By this time, there should be enough strength in the muscle repair to allow for increased activities. If you are still concerned, I recommend making a follow up appointment with your Plastic Surgeon for an examination.

Thank you for your question!

Gregory C. Park, M.D.

Gregory Park, MD