Would a Fit Person Be a Good Candidate for Butt Augmentation? (photo)

I am 38, size 2 and I weight about 138 lbs I work out almost everyday and I do lunges and squats. My legs are huge but I can't seem to increase my buttocks area ;( would I be a good candidate for a Brazilian butt lift or would I have to consider implants? What's the average price for each type of procedure??? Please help I am a little stressed, most before and after pics the girls are a little more voluptuous? Thank you ;)

Candidate for Buttock Augmentation

+2

Buttock augmentation can enhance the natural curves for patients who are unhappy with the shape of their rear ends. It can also add volume and roundness to a flat or small butt for patients seeking a more balanced body profile. Body-builders may seek buttock augmentation if they are unable to develop gluteal muscles in proportion with the rest of their bodies. Generally, if you are looking for a fuller, curvier butt, buttock augmentation may be for you.

The preferred method for performing buttock augmentation is fat transfer, the use of the patient's own body fat to reshape the butt. Fat injection achieves a more natural result, has a lower risk of infection, and also contours the areas around the buttocks to enhance the overall effect. However, implants may be recommended for patients who have very little body fat to harvest, such as body-builders and naturally thin patients.

Cost is always a consideration in elective surgery. Procedure prices can vary widely, due to the fact that every patient is different. It could be a range between $8,500 and $9,500. We work with three companies that provide financial options for our patients’ cosmetic needs. These companies are: Care Credit (carecredit.com or 1 800 859 9975), Cosmetic Credit (cosmeticcredit.com or 1 888 444 1025), and Medical Financing (medicalfinancing.com or 1 888 502 8020). Please call us if you need help with the loan application process.

When performed by an experienced surgeon using the proper techniques, buttock augmentation is a highly satisfying and permanent procedure that enhances the profile of the buttocks and surrounding areas for a younger, firmer, and curvier look.

Web reference: http://www.theartofplasticsurgery.com/wps-buttocks.htm

BBL

+2

You are a good candidate for the brazilian butt lift. You will benefit tremendously from the lipo and the contouring as long as you understand that the results will be modest because of the amount of fat that is available to be harvested. However the take of your fat will be better than someone who is heavier than you. This is a win win situation for you.

Buttock augmentation options

+2

Even if you have enough fat available to harvest for  fat grafting/Brazilian Butt Lift, you will only see a moderate enhancement, nothing dramatic. If you want a dramatic noticeable difference then go with implants.

Liposuction around the buttocks (back/hips/upper posterior thighs) can also help a little by better defining the buttocks making them appear larger in proportion to the surrounding areas. This can be done alone or in addition to fat grafting or implants.

Your current lower body physique is due to genetics as well as your workout regime. If you wouldn't mind having smaller legs, you should avoid those compound exercises that are building your legs as well as buttocks (such as lunges and squats) as they are contributing to your problem - big legs relative to small buttocks. Also avoid any leg exercises that are building only your legs (such as leg extensions and leg curls). If your gym has equipment that isolates only the buttocks, try using those intensively instead of squats and lunges. Any machine or exercise where you extend your hips (move legs backwards) without bending your knees will preferentially build your buttocks and not your legs. 

You can also tailor your workout to cinch down your waistline making your buttocks look bigger. Don't do any exercises that build your lower back muscles and only do abdominal exercises that don't build your iliopsoas muscles as these are inside your abdomen, not visible externally and will only push your belly out more.

Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Buttock shaping options

+2

Thank you for the question and photos.  I think most will agree that you appear to be in great shape and have a very nice  figure.  From my perspective you buttock size is actually quite good.  Some of the perceived lack of projection is likely a result from the combination of the curvature of your lower back (the more curved this area the more projection the buttocks appears to have) as well as the size of your thighs.  I would not entertain implants at this time.  Some activity modification might help to target the buttock as opposed to your legs but it is difficult to fight against our genetics.  If anything you may receive some mild improvement from liposuction of the lower back and fat grafting this small amount of fat to the buttocks.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://aaaplasticsurgery.com

Buttock Implants for "fit" patient

+2

The short answer is: Yes!  In Fact here in Beverly Hills its relatively common for patients to be relatively fit and healthy and thus even better suited for Buttock Implants and a relatively smooth recovery.

Allow me to share with you some information that you may not hear elsewhere. There are only two proven safe and relatively effective methods for Buttock Augmentation and Hip Augmentation: 1) Autologous Fat Transfer (using your own fat, transferring from one area of the body to the other) and 2) Buttock/Hip Implants (semi-solid silicone rubber implants that cannot rupture &/or leak). Both are very good options so what it comes down to, like any surgery, is proper patient selection. Indeed because at least 50+ % of the fat transferred will melt away within a year, most patients are not good candidates because they lack an adequate amount of fat to harvest. Another tip is that if you gain weight for the procedure, the fat that you lose first when you go back down to your baseline weight after surgery is in fact that fat that you originally gained and transferred into your buttocks...so don't fall victim to this recommendation.  Although using your own fat is relatively safe, the one serious complication that can rarely (< 1%) happen is "fat embolism" in which some of the fat gets into the blood stream and travels up into the lungs, heart, and/or brain causing serious problems. This complication is more likely to happen with the larger amount of fat being transferred. This can also happen when using fillers like PMMA and hyaluronic acids. Also fillers, when injected in large quantities, have a relatively high tendency to migrate away from the original area they were placed and tend to stimulate a lot of inflammation and subsequent scar tissue/hardening.

Thus buttock/hip implants become a very good, safe, and long term reliable option for most patients seeking buttock augmentation (at least in my practice). I prefer to insert the buttock implants through a single 2 ½ inch long incision over the tailbone (concealed within the crevice between the buttock cheeks) and the hip implants through a ~ 1 inch incision just below the beltline above the hip region. The buttock implant should always be placed under or within the gluteus maximus muscle. In this position, the implant is less palpable, less visible, and does not sag or shift/migrate over time unlike implants placed on top of the muscle. Therefore it is extremely important to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure. And in this case too, at least in my surgical practice, the infection rate is minimized to ~5%. I typically charge about $8500 for Buttock Implants but special deals due run throughout the year.  Glad to help... @drryanstanton

Web reference: HTTP://WWW.DRRYANSTANTON.COM

Butt augmentation

+2

Dear Sally,

Thanks for submitting  your pictures. Congratulaion,  thanks to your life style you do not have much fat.  But , even if you had enough fat, I would not recommend it because after a year the fat is completely or almost completely gone. Yesterday I perhermed a buttock implants surgery on a patient who had fat injection 6 months ago. Obviously she was not satisfied with the result. During surgery I saw very little amount of fat that survived. Think about it, if fat injection would have survived, the breast implants industry would have been almost out of business  The silicone implants are soft,  feel and look natural. Most importantly, they do not disappear.  It is ideal for an athletic body like yours.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon whi is experienced with implants and can show you before and after to your liking. 

Dr Widder  

Web reference: http://widderplasticsurgery.com

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian buttlift for fit people

+2

As a bodybuilder and a plastic surgeon, I have a good idea of the dilemma you face.  The main thing that would interest me about you is whether you plan on having a lower body fat percentage as you do in the first photo.  If you are going to keep your body fat percentage under 10 or 12%, you would receive only a conservative buttlift at best.  Also, remember that as you lean out, the transferred buttock fat will decrease as well. 

Buttock implants are viable alternatives in the extremely thin or extremely fit.  If you are planning on being around 20 to 24% body fat, liposuction, fat grafting, and the Brazilian butt lift can be performed.  In addition, you may want to have a little liposculpting in the inferior and lateral part of the buttock-leg interface to give the appearance of more definition at this point.  This is an individual choice, and I only do it in patients who ask for this.

Good Luck.

Yes, a fit person is perfect for a butt augmentation

+1

Brazilian Butt-Lifts require you to have enough fat stored in your body to be transferred in the area of enhancement. Butt implants, on the other hand, doesn't require fat since it is an artificial material. You seem to have a healthy and fit frame and wouldn't need a fat transfer but a butt implant. To answer your question, Yes, a fit person would be an ideal candidate for a butt augmentation.

Web reference: http://vanitymiami.com/brazilian-butt-lift-miami/