Feeling Trapped? (photo)

I'm very unhappy w implants bc went up 4 sizes and now have "side boob." Work, working out, sleeping, or going wo a bra are uncomfortable bc I'm an athlete. I read online that 2bra sizes is max for comfort, that I will always have muscle distortion & that 450cc is a lg grapefruit. I want to explant, but every time PS says they look beautiful I say I'll keep them. I'm finally realize that no matter how pretty, comfort is more important. Why do they tell me It's in my head when I'm miserable.

Breasts Too Big after Breast Augmentation?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Although your concerns are understandable, I do not think that you should feel “trapped”. I have had several patients in my practice, who despite having aesthetically pleasing breasts, decide to have breast implants removed and/or downsized.

Assuming you have given your situation careful consideration, then removal of the breast implants or removal/replacement with smaller breast implants are both viable options.

Downsizing of breast implants along with sutures along the lateral breast capsule (capsulorraphy) may help prevent the appearance of “side boob”.

Ultimately, the decision will be a very personal one that only you can make, after careful considerations of the pros/cons involved.

You may find the attached link helpful to you.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/breast-implant-removal.htm

Too large??

+2

I concur with my colleagues that most of our patients would be pleased with this outcome, but that has little meaning if you are not happy with the outcome. 

Your options include explant, or downsizing to smaller implants. What will be hard to predict is how much your breast tissue will shrink if the implants are completely removed, and you may want to think about how to deal with loose and excess breast tissue if that occurs--breast lift may be the only escape. That is less likely to be an issue if you consider  smaller implants.

Thanks for your question, best wishes.

Breast implants

+2

If you want smaller implants, then you should get them exchanged, but not yet. You need to give yourself 4-6 months to allow stretching and relaxation. The "side boob" may become less as the skin stretches.

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation and Size Reduction

+2

The result has good symmetry, but if you would like them smaller then getting them smaller is what you should do.  If the sideboob bothers you a smaller implant should not be that far to the side if the pocket is the appropriate size. 

Patient unhappy becase she feels implants are too large. What to do?

+2

A review of your photos shows a lovely  result that would please some patients and  may be unacceptable to others, but only early on in recovery..   I stress you appear to have a fine result.  So what to do and how to think.   Missing information is how long down the recovery path are you.  Exactly when was YOUR OPERATION?  Date was?   This is CRITICAL because it is not uncommon for patients to feel implant size is too big for the first 4 to 6 to 9 months.   After this ADAPTATION PERIOD  some  wish they had goon larger.   So be patient and follow with your plastic surgeon. If after 9 to 12 months you still wish to be smaller this can be discussed with your surgeon.    A lot depends on what was discussed with your surgeon prior to your operation.  IMPLANT SIZE is one of 4 or 5 critical issues to be discussed prior to surgery.   Also important issues are  sub muscular or sub glandular placement, incision site, and type of implant etc.   At this time please try to be PATIENT.  You have a lovely result per review or your photos.  Ultimately I bet you will be pleased, but if not then work with your plastic surgeon and solve the issues you may have.

Web reference: http://www.gcommonsmdplasticsurgery.com

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants and size

+2

From your photos, I think you an excellent result.  But, if you are unhappy and you do not want implants, then it is your choice to remove them.   You did not mention how long it has been since your surgery., Usually overtime the stretching feeling improves.

What are your options if you are unhappy with your breast size after augmentation

+2

From the photos you have provided, I would agree with your plastic surgeon that you have a very good aesthetic result. I am sorry though that you are unhappy with your breast augmentation results. As you I'm sure know, many women would be ecstatic to have your results but the fact that every woman is different highlights the importance of careful planning in the choice of implants for a first breast augmentation. Your first option is to not do anything now and carefully choose a good supportive bra for sports and every day wear. This is an especially good option if you are only a few months to a year out from surgery. If you decide that you really want to be smaller, it is not always a matter of simply switching to a smaller implant. Your breast tissues and muscle have stretched and will tighten only a bit over a smaller implant with time. You would want to go down in size enough to appreciate a difference. I encourage you to continue to see your plastic surgeon and not rush into a decision without careful consideration. 

Take care and Happy Holidays

Dr. Edwards

Web reference: http://www.medwardsmd.com/plasticsurgery_questions1.html

Breast Too Large after surgery

+1

Discuss this with your surgeon, or seek a second opinion.  Most Plastic Surgeons would remove your implants and replace them with a smaller size.  Based on your photos, you have a beautiful result, but if your are not happy with the size, you should downsize.