What to Do If Dehiscence Happens post op Butt Implants?

What to Do If Dehiscence Happens? I am 4 weeks post op and My wound has a gap between the two sides, I can see a very small “hole” in my incision. What should I do? I have been cleaning and dressing it daily. theres no infection. How long does it take to heal? When is going to close? Thanks.

Wound separation after buttock implants

+2

Any wound separation 4 weeks after surgery should definitely be brought to the attention and examined by your operating surgeon. The most important factor is to determine if the wound separation is superficial or deep exposing the implant, in which case the implant must be removed. Glad to help

+2

If this is superficial in nature, healing should continue in the absence of infection or an irritating foreign body. Clinical followup is recommended.

Incision Separation After Buttock Implants

+1

Intergluteal incision dehiscence is not rare after buttock augmentation. In almost all cases, it will eventually heal on its own but it does take a long time. If the implants are intramuscular there is good tissue between the implant and the incision and this incisional opening is there is little risk of implant exposure/contamiantion. If the implant is subfascial there is some greater concern for the implant although good tissue between the two may exist. This necessary incision for buttock implants is exposed to a lot of shearing from sitting and this makes it slow to heal.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Contact your Doctor

+1

Sometimes dehiscences or open wounds could happen after any surgery. You should inform and check up with your PS for avoiding infections

Alejandro Hernandez Pizzoglio, MD

Dehiscence of buttocks

+1

Sometimes dehiscence happens at the incision site. Best to discuss with your surgeon so that he can advise you about treatment.

Buttock Implant

+1

I assume you had one incision in the midline of the iter-gluteal crease. This incision has the most complication in healing. That is why different incisions and technique is used now to decrease the risk on non healing.

A non healing wound could be due to infection, or could be superficial. If the implant is exposed, it could be infected.

You need to see your surgeon ASAP to make a proper diagnosis and treatment plan.

Samir Shureih MD.FACS

sshureih@msn.com