Restylane 2.5 weeks ago. I have puffiness, bags and maybe discolouration under my eye. What's happening? Overfill? (Photo)

I had restylane injected under my eye and I have puffiness and a line under my right eye. Whats happening? its been 2.5. weeks and nothing has changed! What should I do? I have low sodium, sleep upright and drunk alcohol or caffeine and taking allegie meds incase. Please tell me with my photo what is happening is this an overfill?

Persistent eyelid swelling after filler

+2
It appears there is still some swelling present and you should wait longer.  It is possible that later some of the filler may have to be dissolved if the swelling persists since fillers can retain fluid.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Restylane Under Eyes

+2
It is likely there was too much filler placed in the wrong location or it migrated.  I suggest coming in for an evaluation and we can reverse the filler, ensure there are no complications, and correct it with a different filler material with the appropriate technique for injection.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Eye Bags after Restylane Injections

+2
Hi NY.  It appears that the product is not exactly in the right location.  Usually Restylane injected under the eyes is placed deep under the muscle that surrounds the eyes.  This placement technique avoids the issue of lumps or bumps because the muscle then lifts the whole area in a more even plane.

If you can fill the product bump near the orbital bone below the eye, then perhaps you should consider having Vitrase (Hyaluronidase) injected to remove it.  After 2.5 weeks, it is unlikely that it's swelling.

For examples of Los Angeles and Orange County, CA before and after pictures for Restylane injections, check the link below. 

Harold J. Kaplan, MD