Is my Left Bottoming Out? 9 Weeks Post Op (photo)

I was a deflated 34b before. I breast fed my youngest for two years. My right breast produced more and was larger, so my doctor placed Natrelle silicone mod plus sub muscular 339 L and 304 R. I have pain in my crease and my left breast feels heavy. I am concerned about the complete opposite look of my breasts. I do not have a before photo because I did not think I would need them. How should I address this at my upcoming appointment? Will I have to pay for revision?

Breast asymmetry is not uncommon at 9 weeks after breast augmentation and often improves

+3

Thank you for your question and photographs. From your photographs it appears that there was likely an asymmetry preop because the right nipple appears lower than the left. My guess is that your surgeon attempted to gain symmetry by placing the left implant lower to attempt to make it more symmetrical with your right side. At the present time I do not see bottoming out. However you must meet with your plastic surgeon and discuss your concerns. Any revision would most likely have to wait 6 months.

Bottoming out?

+1
I looks like you have an inherent asymmetry and you left breast is just lower than your right. Plus, bottoming out at 9 weeks is very early for that problem. I would review your before and after pics with your doctor. If a revision is needed your doctor will have a set policy on how that all goes.

Lee E. Corbett, MD

+1

Need a posted before to compare!!! But you can discuss your issues with your surgeon and include fees that "could" be incurred .//

+1

Your surgeon most likely has your pre operative photos for comparison.

I would sit down with your surgeon and bring the photos that you are posting on line.  I would be specific about your concerns as well as your desires.  At that point, you can have a discussion about whether there is an acceptable remedy.  Strategies at this point will vary depending on your pre operative exam---which will help in determining the cause of the current asymmetry.  Each surgeon has their own policy on revisions and you can address this during that visit as well.

Paul H. Rhee, MD, FACS
Castle Rock Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

+1

Breast asymmetry is normal and it would be interesting to see the preop photos as well to determine what if anything is wrong.

+1

My recommendatio is to see your PS and discuss your concerns with him or her. You PS will compare your pre and post op photos. In addition, your pre op measurements (the distance from your nipple to the Infra mammary breast fold) would be helpful. Wish you luck.

B. Kalantarian, MD

Breast difference post Surgey

+1

Clearly your breasts look different now and pre op photos would be helpful - your right breast also appears mildly protocol relative to the left that now has a longer areola to crease difference- I would obtain my pre ops and then post them again for a comment

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant bottoming out

+1

Without pre-op pics, it's hard to tell if this is bottoming out or just settling into the expected position.  Your PS should have pics and can review them with you.  He or she may want you to try to wear a supportive bra ASAP to stabilize the implant.  Best to go see your PS soon. 

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Compare before and after photos with your surgeon

+1

Dear Mamito,

Thank you for the question and the photos.  I would have your plastic surgeon place your before and after photos side by side and discuss the difference before or after surgery.  It may be that your folds were asymmetric before hand or that they were not and the pocket is too low on one side.  This will allow discussion about what needs to be done and how to go about it.  Most plastic surgeons will eliminate their fee for these types of revisions or at least significantly discount them.  You may need to provide the resources for the operating room cost and anesthesia fee.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD