I have a seroma 7 months after my Tummy Tuck. Any physicians in Ca that will see me?

I have a seroma on my lower abfomen from a tummy tuck 7 months ago. It was done in the Dominican. Beautiful job, anazing tummy tuck however, I took out my drains too early. I need my seroma drained asap. Its not really bad but I have a pouch and its liquid underneath, its soft and squishy. please let me know of anyone that can help drain it, local in ca.

Seroma Management after tummy tuck

+1
Seromas immediately taken care of are relatively easy to treat, usually by simple aspiration and occasionally by drain insertion.

On the other hand, you have a chronic seroma. A chronic seroma may not respond to simple aspiration and at a minimum will require a drainage tube being replaced and often the need to excise the seroma cavity and lining.
This is one of the problems we see from medical tourism.
Any board certified plastic surgeon should be able to take care of this.
If you are in Southern California, please feel free to make an appointment.

Chronic seroma 7 months after tummy tuck

+1
At 7 months post-op you may need more than a simple drainage of your seroma.  Given how long the fluid has been there, your body has likely formed a sac of scar around the fluid called a pseudo-bursa.  Draining the fluid will decrease the fullness, but if the seroma recurs you may need to have the bursa excised surgically.  Find a local board certified Plastic Surgeon who has a significant tummy tuck practice and they should be able to help.

Andrew Wolfe, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon