Is fat transfer a good solution for facial asymmetry?

i had facial surgery 6 months with hematoma and internal scar tissue on the side. i did steroids for the scar tissue , but my face is asymmetrical especially when i smile (my cheeks are visibly fuller when i smile) and it has steadily looked that way for months and hasn't changed, so i don't think it is going to change. a plastic surgeon told me if i did fillers i would need a lot of syringes and another told me i should do fat transfer. is fat transfer a good solution for facial asymmetry?

Fat transfer to face

+1
Unfortunately, without an exam or pictures at minimal, its hard to say if and how fat grafting will help you. However, in general, fat grafting can help with facial assymetry.  Good luck.

+1
Pictures or an exam would be necessary to help make a determination as to what would be the best course of action.

Facial asymmetry after facelift.

+1
Facial asymmetry after facelift. I need to see photos to give a proper answer. Fat grafting may or may not fix your problem. 

Fat transfer

+1
Fat transfer is a good solution in many instances but one would need to see and examine you to see if it is the best solution for you. 

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Facial Asymmetry Treated With Fillers

+1
Any of the fillers can be used to treat facial asymmetry and often I use this in combination with laser treatments if you have scar that caused this type of issue.  Fat can be a more permanent/long-term solution, but may require multiple treatments since some of the injections don't last.  I suggest seeking the advice of a cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon with experience using all the types of fillers, including silicone, which I frequently use for patients with facial scars and asymmetries.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.