3 Weeks Post BA, is It Worth It for a Revision? I Got 325cc Mod + Left Breast Was Larger Than Right Before Surgery? (photo)

I can clearly tell right breast is smaller than left after BA. I am not happy with the size, profile and unevenness of the breasts. I know it needs time to drop and fluff, but I know the unevenness will not improve. Is it worth it for me to exchange to 400cc on left and 425cc on right? High profile for both . What normally be the fee for revision? Advise please

Breast augmentation

+1

At three weeks it is too early to decide whether or not you need a revision.  Give it 3-4 months to settle and for most of the swelling to go away.

Breast swelling after augmentation is common and resolves spontaneously

+1

Your early post op photo looks okay to me - you've obviously have a lot of swelling which is distorting the true position of your implants. Way to early to consider a revision.

Web reference: http://www.seattlebreastimplantsurgeon.com

No indication for revision after breast augmentation.

+1

There's nothing in the photograph it causes concern. The artificial appearance of the breast is due to swelling which will resolve over time.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,13-atlanta-breast-augmentation.htm

Breast augmentation revision after 3 weeks!!

+1

Dear Boobooboo, Your breasts appear very full and tight as drums as you would expect at 3 weeks from surgery.  There is a very mild asymmetry in the position of the upper and lower edges of your breasts, looks like the left side is a little higher than the right assuming this is a selfie and not a mirror photo.  I suspect that asymmetry was a natural feature of your breasts made more noticeable by the augmentation.  I don't see a big difference in size between your breasts in the photo, at least a difference worth correcting.  Maybe when you look down on your breasts you see a difference in projection but that is impossible to correct just with implant sizes.  Sometimes using different sizes of implants to correct asymmetry causes more difference as the smaller breast gets the bigger implant getting more of a lift.  Also different sizes of implants have different dimensions which complicates things.  In summary, I don't thik it's worth correcting.

At any rate, you need to wait at least 3 months for your breasts to stretch and soften up before embarking in the next surgery.  I know you've already made up your mind about the size and you want to go bigger but you would do better allowing your breasts to stretch and settle before the next surgery, a lot of the things you don't like right now (like the unevenness) will correct themselves if you give them time.  I agree with you on the high profile for the next set since those implants will not be wider than your current ones.

What I do about revissions is to try sizes as many times as needed before surgery.  I offer my patients the chance to come back and bring clothes, shirts, bras, bikinis and what not  to try on  before surgery so we are all sure of the choice.  Unfortunately, in spite of our best efforts, there will be the occasional patient that doesn't like her size.  I offer to do the replacement without charge from me but the patient is responsible for the fees from anesthesia, surgery center and the new pair of implants. Dr Brou

Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Revision?

+1

You are only 3 weeks after your surgery and you have significant swelling.  You must give more time to evaluate your final results.  If after 2-3 months, you are still seeking to go with a different size, please talk with your PS to learn more about your options.

Considering upsizing

+1

I recommend addressing these questions and concerns with your plastic surgeon (unless you underwent surgery in another country. Your surgeon most likely has a practice policy that provides a break in some fees associated with revisions if required or desired. With regard to timing, 3 weeks is way to early to even consider a revision breast augmentation. Thank you for sharing your question. Best wishes.

Don't do anything yet...

+1

3 weeks postop is not enough time to determine what your final result will be.  Your implants appear to be submuscular.  At this point the muscle is still compressing the implants, causing the unnatural results you are seeing.  This WILL improve in time. I don't know what you looked like before and obviously wasn't present during your surgery so I can't promise you everything will even out and look normal but I wouldn't consider addressing any asymmetry for at least 6 to 8 weeks postop.  If you do decide to switch out your implants for larger ones, I usually recommend the new implants are at least 100 cc larger than your existing ones to make any sort of noticeable difference.  So, try to be patient.  They will improve!!

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon