Breathing Problems After Rhinoplasty and Septoplasty?

Hi! I got Septoplasty + Rhinoplasty done last August. I noticed that in my left nostril, I can't breathe as well as my right. I always did have issues with this left nostril in terms of breathing and Septoplasty should have improved that. I find my left nostril to be stuffy almost all the time, and gets worse at night. Also when I breathe in heavily, it makes a weird noise. I have mentioned it to my doctor and he stated that the septum is still deviated but he doesn't need to re-operate. Help!

Persistent blocked nasal breathing after prior septo-rhinoplasty

+1

Hi LilyRose52, It's hard to know why your surgeon doesn't think you have the option of having your persistently deviated septum repaired. It sounds like it is causing you enough symptoms to consider it, but without an examination it's hard to know what could be done.

You can read more about septoplasty surgery at my web reference link below.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastyinseattle.com/functional-rhinoplasty/septoplasty

Revision rhinoplasty for continued nasal obstruction.

+1

Revision rhinoplasty for continued nasal obstruction is probably what u need. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for this second opinion. 

Nasal valve narrowed

+1

Without having a chance to review the notes of the details of the surgery, I would say that your septum is still probably deviated up high where the side wall of your nose meets the septum. This angle here (called the internal nasal valve) is most commonly not addressed properly by some surgeons and rhinoplasty can worsen the valve making it more narrow so that it collapses with deep breathing. I would recommend you visit with another surgeon who has good experience with rhinoplasty from a functional aspect, meaning knows how to correct breathing issues after rhinoplasty for a consultation and revision surgery.