Breasts Are Uneven? (photo)

I had breast surgery 10 weeks ago. My right breast is still a little high. My dr does not believe in massaging or breast wraps. I would like to use a breast wrap. Can a wrap help my breast drop? Will wearing a breast wrap force my left breast to drop further? Should I leave it alone instead? I have 533 cc's silicone unders. Also, right breast is a little firmer than left one. Thank you.

Breast asymmetry in the early post op time after breast augmentation

+4

It is not uncommon to have minor asymmetry in your breast in the early post operative time after breast augmentation surgery. Each breast will go thru several changes in the first 3-6 months after surgery but not necessarily at the same time. I would recommend following your surgeon's instructions at this time. Be patient and allow the normal healing process to be complete before you worry about slight asymmetry. Additionally, it is rare to find completely symmetric breasts, even with the most qualified and talented surgeon. Generally there are always slight asymmetries that occur both naturally and as a result of surgery, despite our best efforts.

Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Breasts are uneven 10 weeks postop

+3

Thank you for your question and photo. From this one view it is hard to see much of a difference. You might've had some uneveness even preop, but as is often the case, we tend to look at results under the "microscope". This should've been pointed out to you by your surgeon at the preop. Some surgeons recommend massage or breast bands and some don't. At this point, I do not believe that it makes any difference. With submuscular implants, it might take 3-6 months for your implants to "settle" in place. Be patient, follow up with your surgeon. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Uneven Breasts #breastimplants

+2

Great question. I do believe in many cases that letting the implant just do it's thing is enough. You will need to give it 3 months to settle in. Things look pretty good so just be patient.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Asymmetry after implants

+2

As my colleagues say, there are always some differences between right and left and sometimes these are very noticeable. You do have a definite difference but it is relatively small and well within the normal range. You are also still relatively soon after your surgery and I find that submuscular implants can take up to 5 or 6 months before a final result is reached. So be patient; it should improve. Good luck to you.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Breasts Are Uneven?

+2

I am having trouble seeing much of a difference on the posted photo. It may look more symmetric than it appears, but this looks like a nice result. No one is exactly even, either before of after implants. 

I would recommend discussing any deviation from post op instuctions with your surgeon before commencing.

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
I think you look great, even though you have large breast implants they look natural and proportionate and very symmetric

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Pole wraps and massage are used to help breast implants move down

+1

Thank you for your question and photographs. I must say that your breast implants look excellent and you have a very nice result.

At 10 weeks the supra areolar fullness that you see on the right side in the photograph should improve with time. In my practice I encouraged patients who have an asymmetry like this to differentially massage the high implant downward but also upward to attempt to enlarge and keep the implant pocket open. The right implant looks perfect, thus a pole wrap might force it lower which I think would be a bad idea. At 10 weeks I do not believe breast implant displacement exercises on the left will harm your result and may improve it.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Postoperative breast concerns

+1

You are still in the early postoperative period and should not be too concerned about how things look at this point.  It will take a few more months to really see how things will look in the end, so I recommend following up with your plastic surgeon- if there is persistent and significant asymmetry down the line, this is often correctable.

Adam David Lowenstein, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant asymmetry

+1

Without seeing your preoperative photos, it is impossible to judge your result.  That being said, you look like you have a very satisfactory result to me.

Follow your doctor's instructions and keep your appointment and be patient!

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Uneven Breasts

+1

Bottom line is that it is too early to make any real judgement.  I agree the difference is small.  I too do not use wraps nor aggressive massage as there is NO science behind it and no proof that it does anything.  Just keeps you busy and preoccupied. 

Time heals all.

RR

Rady Rahban, MD