Would I Benefit from a Fleur De Lis and BBL? I Know I'm Not Large but I Feel I Have a Lot of Bad Skin? (photo)

I'm also considering a brazilian buttlift but I'm wondering if just a fleur de Lis (or TT) and lipo of flanks alone will help my shape? (If I can even benefit from the fleur de lis) I just wish I had a better idea of what my shape will be after a buttlift! I'm worried ill be stuck with a square butt even with a buttlift cuz my body is oddly shaped...

Tummy tuck and BBL

+2

For starters, forget the BBL. it is a major loser of a procedure and a waste of money.  As far as the tummy tuck is concerned,  I would do the standard TT and not the Fleur de lis.  The FDL will create an additional vertical scar which you absolutely don't want.  The lipo of the hips and flanks is worth doing at the same time.

Brazilian Butt Lift and Tummy Tuck Options

+2

Dear Andrea, from your photos, I believe you would benefit from a Brazilian Butt Lift,  with liposuction of your hips.  This procedure should significantly improve the overall shape of buttocks.  You are correct, that there are a number of options regarding the tummy tuck (Fleur de Lis, Standard, Extended or Circumferential).  Each has its advantages and disadvantages.  Before making a decision get at least two opinions from surgeons who are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Also ask if they are members of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.  Best wishes.

Web reference: http://www.vincentleporemd.com

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Midsection Surgery

+2

Hello Andrea,

There are many issues to cover! First, there is your abdominal area.  Although difficult to determine in a photo, I think your abdomen would be well served with a traditional abdominoplasty.  Although undoubtedly there would be some horizontal laxity that could be tightened with the addition of that vertical incision, the results without it might be very nice as well.  Final determination of adequacy of a traditional tummy tuck would require a physical examination.

The next issue is your hip/waist region.  There appears to be a significant amount of fat that could be suctioned, and I feel that could result in laxity of skin in that region.  So my question is would you benefit more from a extended abdominoplasty, or even a full belt lipectomy to tighten the hip and buttock.  Unfortunately, belt lipectomies tend to flatten the buttock, so re-grafting the fat into the buttock from the hips would be advantageous.

It's important that you see surgeons that are really expert at body contouring. Certification by the ABPS and membership in the ASAPS are important to ensure the surgeon is both properly trained and very experienced.

Web reference: http://www.drminniti.com

What kind of abdominoplasty (TT)

+2

HI there,

There is a lot of loose skin.  For your tummy, I'd recommend to consider an extended TT - a body lift really.  This will not only flatten your front, but lift your thighs and buttocks and narrow your waist.  

Whether you had a BBL as well is your option.

Something to think about, and all the best.

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian buttlift vs Abdominoplasty with body lift

+2

Often patients week a distinction between their flank and buttock area.

Rather than enhance the buttock area, it is often better to do a lift of the loose skin in the area rather than just fill up the area with fat that, inherently, has unpredictable viability.  

This in my opinion gives a much more youthful and sleek appearance than just trying to fill up loose tissue with fat.

Fleur De Lis Abdominoplasty and Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

You definitely have a lot of extra skin and would benefit from an abdominoplasty and Brazilian Butt Lift.  I would need to examine how loose your skin actually is, because I think Fleur De Lis abdominoplasty might be more than you need.  From your pictures, it looks like you might get a great result with less incisions.  Good luck.

Brazilian Buttlift and Tummy Tuck

+1

FDL was designed to improve contour in patients with a lot of side to side laxity.  You do not necessarily need this.  A full tummy tuck would produce a nice result.  The Brazilian buttlift should be performed with a board certified plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts and tummy tucks each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

BBL

+1

You will do very well with the BBL. You have localised fat deposits the can be used. I would perform the tummy tuck at the second stage

Fleur de Lis vs. Regular Tummy Tuck

+1

From your photos, I do not feel that the vertical scar from a Fleur de Lis is necessary.  However, this recommendation could change after careful examination.  My preference is an extended (near circumferential) tummy tuck with liposuction of the hips and fat transfer to the buttocks.  This should give you a nice contour in the waist and a much improved shape of your buttocks.  Good luck.

Tummy tuck and fat transfer to the buttock

+1

The excess skin would be treated well by a tummy tuck, adding the vertical incision may improve your result if you have significant horizontal looseness- this can be determined by a board certified plastic surgeon during a consultation.  A square buttock is fairly common and can be improved with liposuction and fat transfer to the buttock for reshaping and augmenting (Brazilian buttock lift). Please consult with an experienced surgeon for a review of your medical history and to develop a safe surgical plan based on your particular anatomy. Sometimes these procedures can be combined and sometimes they should be staged.

Dr.Bruno

Web reference: http://www.williambrunomd.com