Belly Button Revision? Should I have to pay to revise this? (photo)

Should I have to pay to revise this?

When results are not as expected

revisions are needed. And every doctor has their own policy. But you should expect to pay something to have it improved. No one can guarantee results and that is why most doctors have revision policies and every patient should know what it is before signing up for surgery.

1950 Rosaline Avenue
Redding, CA 96001

Belly button revision

From your photograph it appears you do need a revision of your belly button.You will have to discuss the cost of revision with your plastic surgeon. One common practice in situations like this is to not charge you a surgical fee but if anesthesia in hospital charges are involved you can be asked to pay them.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

195 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02116

Belly Button Revision #tummytuck

It would appear that you do need a revision. Most surgeons have a policy about revision work. I do not perform surgery for free. There are unexpected things that can happen and that is part of surgery. Nobody is perfect and nobody can ever guarantee a perfect result. You will have to see what your surgeon's policy is. Sometimes a surgeon will reduce or waive their fee but anesthesia and facility costs are always up to the patient in my book.

Richard J. Brown, MD

11000 N Scottsdale Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85254

Belly Button Revision?

Some products of healing are not predictable and not a reflection of poor surgical technique. In your case, I am not sure what exactly happened, and I would need more information or an exam to make a determination about what needs to be done.

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Abdominoplasty and Belly Button or Umbilicus Healing

It is difficult to see exactly what is going on from the picture. Revisions depend on the doctors policy and what was done at the original treatment.

Your doctor first needs a treatment plan and then you can discuss fees.

3991 MacArthur Blvd
Newport Beach, CA 92660

Belly button revision options

Dear lovely310,

Every plastic surgeon has his or her own office policy for revision costs. Your belly button revision options include revision under local anesthesia or under IV sedation and can be kept confined to the belly button or more extensively involve the entire abdomen. You will have to have a detailed discussion with your plastic surgeon to figure out what option would be best for you and how to proceed.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

8900 E Raintree Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85260

Belly button revision

Every surgeon will have their own policies on the cost of revision surgery. This result looks a bit unusual, but it is hard to know for sure what is going on without a before photo and some more history. I would guess that most surgeons would want to try to improve this result for you at a minimal cost.

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

300 Keisler Drive
Cary, NC 27518