Will Taking Arnica Montana and Bromelain to Lessen Bruising After Subcision of Acne Scars Lessen my Results?

I am planning to have light subcision combined with Belotero filler on some shallow acne scars. I was planning to take Arnica Montana and Bromelain to prevent/lessent bruising because I can't take time off of work. I just read on another site that you want to bruise after subcision, as it produces better, permanent results. Is this true?

+1

No it is not true, do take the arnica to eliminate brusing and swelling but it has no effect on improving acne scarring. Best of luck

Arnica Montana and Bromelain to stop bruising after acne scar subcision

+1

Many people believe in the effects of these two medications. Based on personal literature searches and reading, it seems that Bromelain may have more scientific proof of its efficacy. The literature search on arnica montana does not show a significant difference in preventing bruising and swelling.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Arnica and Bromelain

+1

Arnica and Bromelain have ben recommended in the past for bruising and swelling. However there is no conclusive evidence in the lieterature to support its use.

Bruising

+1

Dear patient; I have performed Subcision and fat grating and fillers for many years. Bruising is not needed to achieve great results. You may safely take Arnica and Bromelain before and after your procedure. As a courtesy I hope that you will discuss this further with your surgeon.

A. David Rahimi, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist