After BA, Breasts Not Dropping?

I had breast augmentation 10 days ago with silicone. They have dropped 2 inches but are still very high.How can I help them drop properly?

Implants are not dropping

+2

We live in the age of microwave ovens and instant grits, but we still heal the way we heal and that takes time.  In the grand scheme of things, ten days is not very long.  You probably still have a lot of swelling just from the trauma of surgery on your tissues.  It certainly isn't enough time for your tissues to stretch out and relax in order to accommodate your implants.  I tell my patients that they might see their final results when implants are on top of the muscle in two to three weeks, two to three months when they are under the muscle.  In the meantime, warm compresses and massages may help relax your chest muscle and allow the implants to drop.

After BA, Breasts Not Dropping

+2

Hopefully, you have received instructions from your surgeon. If not call and get some.

The usual suggestions that I give my patients is to massage the implants toward the navel, and to wear a pectoral strap, which will give constant downward pressure. 

Submuscular implants are sitting as if they are at the bottom of an envelope. The breast fold, like the bottom of the envelope keep the implants from descending. At the upper pole is a large space under the muscle and above the ribs, and that space goes up to the clavicle (collar bone). Typically the implant position looks fine at surgery. As the patient awakens, the relaxed pectoralis muscle contracts, pushing on the implant. This displaces the silicone (or saline) which bulges into the upper pole, the only direction with room to expand. The lower pole of the breast may seem to empty out. But the implant itself doesn't actually move. As the muscle relaxes over several months, the upper pole no longer bulges and the implant position looks like it did in surgery.

It is common for under the muscle implants to appear to be high riding for several months until the pectoral muscles relax to accommodate the implants. Thank you for your question, all the best. 

When Will My Breasts Drop?

+1

10 days is too soon to be worrying about your breasts dropping.   Everyone is different, some people have a nice shape right away and some people take a bit longer. They will begin to drop around the 2-3 week mark and will gradually change up to about 3-4 months before they really settle in.  If you can't wait, ask your surgeon about wearing a band on top of your breasts, especially at night when you are laying down to help move it along, but try to be patient.  As long as you are following your surgeon's instructions,  they should drop nicely and you will be good to go before summer!

Andrew Smith, MD, FACS
Irvine Plastic Surgeon

Breast Aug at 10 Days: How To Get Them to Drop Faster

+1

The breast implants will drop with the passage of time, but massage and strap or bandeau can help with the progress.  It takes usually 2 weeks to 3 months for the drop to occur. 

Healing after breast augmentation

+1

Implants will change shape and position for up to 3 months.

massage,  strap, tank tops will all help,  be patient

Breast implants not dropping?

+1

Hello. Ten days is not near enough time for the implants to settle. Your implants will not settle for about another three to four months. Until then the best thing you can do to help them settle would be to massage and continue using any compressive dressings your surgeon had provided.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Breast augmentation and implants too high

+1

At ten days after breast augmentation, it is not uncommon for the breast implants to be too high. Usually they make their way down after a few months.